Droid stuck in Motorola logo help plz i leave for camp at 8pm eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fryz

Reaction score
Hello I installed an update for my phone and it just gets stuck in the logo screen ive go into the recovery place and ive done wipe the cache partition and ive tryed apply sdcard:update.zip and ive tried going onto my computer to try and go into it but i am unable to open anything on my phone plz help im about to just wipe data/factory reset i leave in 5 hours and 30 mins plz help

sremex

Reaction score
Try letting it sit for about 5 min on the motorola boot up screen, it may take a long time to load the update, sometimes even 10 min

OP
F

Fryz

Reaction score
when i tryed the sdcard:update.zip it failed or somthing is that bad? ive got an sd card reader and im able to get into it now but where do i go from here should i try and get the patch and force update it?

sremex

Reaction score
Did you boot into recovery when you tried to install the update.zip or did it not go into recovery and you had to go in manually?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you stock or rooted? Let me get you to the right area.

OP
F

Fryz

Reaction score
when i installed it it was on and it said restart and install so i did that then when it finished it restarted and never went past the motorola logo should i try and put the patch on manually now?

OP
F

Fryz

Reaction score

well idk what ether of them are so i guess nether ive had this sence it came out and i never backed anything up but i am right now im just copying the sdcard to my computer just in case

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you say it goes into recovery is it SPRecovery. If that's what it goes into then do a wipe of both data and cache. That should stop it. If not let me know.

sremex

Reaction score

well idk what ether of them are so i guess nether ive had this sence it came out and i never backed anything up but i am right now im just copying the sdcard to my computer just in case

He is saying did you root ur phone to install the update. Or did you never root your phone.

OP
F

Fryz

Reaction score

He is saying did you root ur phone to install the update. Or did you never root your phone.

i just did check updates and somthing came up so i just did it

OP
F

Fryz

Reaction score
When you say it goes into recovery is it SPRecovery. If that's what it goes into then do a wipe of both data and cache. That should stop it. If not let me know.

ok give me a min im going to make a copy of all my stuff on my phone so if i when i wipe data/factory reset i can get my stuff back

zeppelin

Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of times, and I had to use RSD and the .sbf to reset everything.

After that I rebooted and got some System errors, but I then just applied an update that zip that I knew worked, and it has been fine since.

It was a pain, but it did the job. Make sure you have an clean update.zip on the root of the sd ready to use once you to the .sbf

sremex

Reaction score
Oh that is really weird. Ok so you are not rooted. You installed an update and now your phone can't turn on. Ok I guess you are going to have to bring it in to you nearest verizon tell them what happened and then the will use rsd lite to get u back up and running. This way, you do not void your warranty just incase it can't be fixed.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you are bootlooping but can get into recovery 9/10 you will not need rsdlite

Status
Not open for further replies.