Droid stays in landscape mode even when keyboard is closed

zerouzaria

Reaction score
Please help my droid/milestone wont go into portrait even when the keyboard is closed the problem isn't the orientation switch but the phone thinking the keyboard is out because even when i close it through the crack i can see the keyboard still lit. The only time the phone ever goes in portrait mode is when i used an app that's portrait exclusive. Also due to the fact that the phone thinks the keyboard is out i cant even use the virtual keyboard!!

please advice anyone?

Fridsade

Reaction score
I'm 99% percent sure you have to get a new phone because it's a physical problem with the keyboard.

aj8600

Reaction score
Dont go and buy a new phone just yet. Try backing up and wipeing then reflashing your rom. That might do the trick. Or --MAYBE-- a simple clear of the dalvik cache. Its done some awesome things for me in the past. Post results please

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Z

zerouzaria

Reaction score
now how do i go about clearing the dalvik cache?
im about to try reflashing the rom

OP
Z

zerouzaria

Reaction score
after reflashing i got excited cause i thought it worked then like 5 seconds later it switched back to landscape

OP
Z

zerouzaria

Reaction score
I upgraded to 2.2 same thing happened however it went to portrait then changed to landscape same thing happens when I reset it

aj8600

Reaction score
does your accelerometer work? (can you tilt to landscape mode)

OP
Z

zerouzaria

Reaction score
the accelerometer works i've tested it on this compass app it just seems that the phone believes the keyboard is always out i mean is there a way that i would be able to disable the keyboard altogether if so or have the phone not detect it

aj8600

Reaction score
there isnt a way as far as i know. sorry. i know you can disable the onscreen keyboard. but thats not much help. have you tried pushing down on your phone when you slide it in. maybe something is loose?

OP
Z

zerouzaria

Reaction score
yeah i tried that and there was no luck
i did read somewhere that it may be a magnet problem and maybe holding a magnet to the back will do something wince apparently the switch that tells the phone that the keyboard is closed is magnetic? ill give that a shot

aj8600

Reaction score
Well I don't reccomend magnets because that could really mess up some internal stuff in your phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums