Droid Speech to text message

designbysue

Reaction score
My friend has an Incredible and it has a feature that allows you to speak to create a text message. Can someone recommend a good app for the Droid to add this feature?

Thanks
Sue

baniels

Reaction score
The stock keyboard should have a microphone icon on it. Click and talk and it will convert your speech to text (or try).

synthetek

Reaction score
You don't need handcent, in Android 2.1 the feature was added for text to speech in any text input field just hit the little microphone button on the on screen keyboard and talk.

OP
D

designbysue

Reaction score
I don't have a microphone button?? I found the system info and do have system 2.1 but the no microphone. I am using Messaging - is that the correct program? How do I get the voice to text option?

Thanks for your help

Sue

MC23X

Reaction score
Sue, the mic is the part of the phone you talk into when making calls. MC

OP
D

designbysue

Reaction score
I know where the mic is - it is the button to activate it per:

just hit the little microphone button on the on screen keyboard and talk.

There is not microphone button in the messinging app

Sue

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
You don't have one that looks something like even on your number and symbol keyboard :
android21speechtotext01.png

If you are on at least 2.1 from the home screen press the menu button and go to settings. Click on Language and Keyboard, scroll down to Android Keyboard settings. Then click on Voice Input, and enable it on main keyboard or symbols keyboard.

OP
D

designbysue

Reaction score
Thank you! that was it - I was looking on the main page for the link (like it is on my friends Incredible) not on the keyboard itself.