Droid Software Update 2.3?

frankieg_215

Reaction score
Will the first Motorola droid be getting the Android software 2.3 (Gingerbread), if so when?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Will the first Motorola droid be getting the Android software 2.3 (Gingerbread), if so when?

My opinion? Probably never, as Motorola seems to have moved on from the original Droid. However, if you're rooted, or plan to root your Droid 1, there are several excellent Gingerbread roms available right now. Take a look at ChevyNo.1s Simply Stunning v 5.0.0 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/124473-ss-gb-5-00-ready-2-11-11-a.html as well as Pete Alfonso's
Stock Gingerbread Android 2.3.2 Build GPA12 http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...ck-gingerbread-android-2-3-2-build-gpa12.html and his website: Peter Alfonso

Either one is excellent, but you *do* have to be rooted to install them. Check them out...

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Add Liquid Gingerbread 1.2 and Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 to that list. They are both amazing.

leonozug is absolutely right! It was an oversight on my part to omit those two excellent roms from the list. See? - you've got many very cool choices in Gingerbread to choose from. :)

-Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The D1 will see a form of Gingerbread. I believe this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Really?
Why?
I have one and I'd love to see an update, but I too, thought it was passe.

Well, we already know that the devs have Gingerbread ROMs for it. I think there are more Droids out there then any other Android phone, and I don't believe that Motorola is not going to update the phone if it can.

I have heard from reliable sources that the D1 will see Gingerbread since last summer. Now I will say that will be the last one of the D1, I don't think it will go beyond that.

I have my D1 still and I want to see what it looks like with Gingerbread.;)

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Really?
Why?
I have one and I'd love to see an update, but I too, thought it was passe.

Well, we already know that the devs have Gingerbread ROMs for it. I think there are more Droids out there then any other Android phone, and I don't believe that Motorola is not going to update the phone if it can.

I have heard from reliable sources that the D1 will see Gingerbread since last summer. Now I will say that will be the last one of the D1, I don't think it will go beyond that.

I have my D1 still and I want to see what it looks like with Gingerbread.;)

Hook, why not try one of the roms we were discussing? They're great roms and run smoothly, with few if any hic-ups.

-Mike