Droid Social Networking Site

droidbook

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a droid social networking type site. With members, profiles, pictures,videos, forums, chat with devs ask them questions etc. I've been thinking about designing such a site but don't want to put all the effort forward if no one joins! If I do make the site, I'll need some moderators etc,but we can discuss that later :). Would anyone be interested in such a thing or is it just overkill?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, we are a forum but we have all the things that you discuss including social groups, pictures, etc.

How exactly would your idea be different from what we have here already? More like a facebook page?

SpykeZ

Reaction score
Well, we are a forum but we have all the things that you discuss including social groups, pictures, etc.

How exactly would your idea be different from what we have here already? More like a facebook page?

I think that's what he was going for, that or something like a myspace group.

OP
D

droidbook

Reaction score
yes precisely. a site that's like facebook except its for droid owners. so you'd have a profile page, a wall, photo albums, video albums, you can add/remove friends, you can search for people that you know you can invite people, make events, chat with other members, etc. just a wider community for android users where they can meet and discuss android with other people. i didn't realize that droidforums.net has photo galleries etc so maybe it is overkill my idea. but i thought it would be cool to get people together for this

OP
D

droidbook

Reaction score

I think that's what he was going for, that or something like a myspace group.

no it's not a facebook page or a myspace group. it's a site all to itself. a social networking site for droid owners.

OP
D

droidbook

Reaction score
ok well i'm almost done designing it and should have it released in a couple of weeks, so i'll just post a link when its done. if you guys want to join that'll be great! if not, oh well, it was a fun project....

GryphonD

Reaction score
Sounds interesting and worth a shot.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
D

droidbook

Reaction score
ok it's really starting to take shape...this could be good...I've got a "Karma" system where the most helpful and frequent posters get Karma points, that way you know they're a trusted member of the site, got the usual social networking stuff, got a forum, got events, got live, integrated chat and chatrooms (no extra software needed). In a couple of weeks I will release the beast! ;)

SpykeZ

Reaction score
What do you need a forum for? We got this one. Why not talk to the admin about linking to this one as the forum for it?

OP
D

droidbook

Reaction score
its already created and integrated with the main part of the site...meaning once you register for the site you dont have to register for the forum, the problem with linking it to here would be that new members have to register in both places. it's going to be great! just workng on the finishing touches...

OP
D

droidbook

Reaction score
Woo hoo! Added Facebook connect as well, so now you dont even have to register if you have a facebook account, just put in your facebook credentials and you're automatically a member of my site. This thing is looking good guys, hope you guys join!