Droid Screen Capture?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to do a screen capture with the droid?

mitchb2

Reaction score
How come getting a screenshot is so difficult? Why can't it be a simple app?

superglen99

Reaction score
Agreed mitch. Iphone has screen capture native. Home ++ added screen capture but only of the home screen. I want a free app for non rooted droid for capture of any screen your on. Any developers reading this? I know I'm not the only onw who wants this feature

Berzerker

Reaction score
How come getting a screenshot is so difficult? Why can't it be a simple app?
The problem is an app would have to access the framebuffer (which stores frames processed by the GPU to display the screen) which is processed by the OS directly, so that would require root. It most likely also requires root on the iPhone as well, but since Apple wrote that feature, it's safe.

superglen99

Reaction score
nah my brother and friend have iphones 3gs not rooted and can do screen capture. come on motorola!

mystik1

Reaction score
The app needed from the SDK won't run on XP x64 either. I even rooted my phone just for the purpose of screen capture. Tried two different apps...neither one worked on the Droid for me. Anyone know a solution for the Droid?

joneee

Reaction score
Does Windows 7 have the ability to run programs in XP mode? I haven't tried it myself but I think that was one of the features.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and the mac SDK ran fine on my system and I was able to take screenshots at anytime compared to Home++ and OpenHome's feature for screenshots only while looking at your home.