Droid Screen Capture?

The app needed from the SDK won't run on XP x64 either. I even rooted my phone just for the purpose of screen capture. Tried two different apps...neither one worked on the Droid for me. Anyone know a solution for the Droid?
are you using Drocap2? Its effective and pretty straight forward.
 
Does anyone know of a screen capture app that doesn't require rooting yet?
 
I have been trying to do the process to be able to take screenshots of my Droid and am getting stuck at the Java step. I have both SDKs installed, have the Motorola driver installed (though not the one that came with the SDK as Windows won't let me install that one over the one I already had), but when I go to run the DDMS process from the SDK tools folder, it errors out and says I don't have Java SDK installed. Any ideas?
 
I'm having a similar problem as cynicusprime. I don't get an error but when I try to run the ddms.bat file the log doesn't fill and the options under the Device tab are greyed out. I have verified the phone is mounted and USB Debugging is checked. I'm on a Windows XP machine.
 
I'm on Vista Ultimate x64 for what it's worth.

Hi ,

I was able to get this to work finally. I’ve been suspicious that the USB driver was the issue even after selecting it during the Android SDK process. I went to the Motorola site and downloaded a program that updates the USB Drivers for Windows. Link below:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

I used the “Clean and Reinstall” option.

Also, I’m not sure if it made a difference but besides checking the “USB Debugging”, I also checked “Allow mock locations”. I also checked the “Unknown sources” in the previous menu where “Development” is.

Hope this helps.
 
I installed that driver, but it didn't give me any options like "Clean and Reinstall" or "Allow mock locations" or anything. Just installed and finished. And the DDMS is still saying I don't have Java SDK installed. :dry:

I'm on Vista Ultimate x64 for what it's worth.

Hi ,

I was able to get this to work finally. I’ve been suspicious that the USB driver was the issue even after selecting it during the Android SDK process. I went to the Motorola site and downloaded a program that updates the USB Drivers for Windows. Link below:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola, Inc. USA

I used the “Clean and Reinstall” option.

Also, I’m not sure if it made a difference but besides checking the “USB Debugging”, I also checked “Allow mock locations”. I also checked the “Unknown sources” in the previous menu where “Development” is.

Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top