What is the obsession with capturing screen shots?

tc1

Reaction score
Never understood the big deal of being able to capture a screen shot of your phone?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oh my, many many purposes. The biggest for me is that I can take a screen shot of all of my homescreens to use them as a reference to reset up my homescreens after doing an fdr. You can also take screenshots of web pages to view later. You can take screen shots of battery status pages or other helpful info pages to get help troubleshooting a problem. And, not last and not least, you can take a screenshot of your homepage to share with others how you set it up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I agree. I love looking at screen shots. I get some great ideas from them. I've also used it to get a copy of a Garfield comic that I loved. I tried downloading it but the website blocked it so I zoomed in and took a screen shot. It's so me!!!

View attachment 52108

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Like the other responses it's great for having a look into other peoples' setups. I think that's the most useful thing about screenshots, you get ideas and are able to put your own twist on someone elses setup...or steal it :D

The other great one, as mentioned, are battery screenshots. Many of us would rather see a screen shot of battery stats instead of being told, "pics for proof" definitely helps.

Most of all I just enjoy seeing others homescreens. The amount of customization still boggles my mind, and once people ROM and really get into the settings that's when the real fun begins. Show me a group of iphone homescreens, it'll all look same. :p