Droid razr typing

shahzaib10

Reaction score
Is there any way to turn off vibration while typing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It is generally in your keyboard settings (home screen - menu key - settings - language&keyboards and find your keyboard and settings area)...if that does not work or it is not there, you can try to turn off haptic feedback in phone settings - sound...

Stiefel

Reaction score
I can't find a way to do it either. I can turn off the haptic feedback in general (ie, pressing home key or back, etc.) but the haptic feedback is still turned on when typing a text message, for example. I can't find any way to turn that off. Language & Input under settings doesn't appear to have any options...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Are you guys on ICS?

If so go to Settings>Language & Input, then click the little gear next to Motorola Input then you should see Vibrate on key press and uncheck that.

Stiefel

Reaction score
Are you guys on ICS?

If so go to Settings>Language & Input, then click the little gear next to Motorola Input then you should see Vibrate on key press and uncheck that.

Yes ICS. Thanks Sydman!! That's it! Just looking to get rid of every little battery consumer that I don't feel I really need. My phone updated today.

I had been using Droid 1 (original moto droid) for abt 3yrs now up till 2 wks ago when I upgraded to razr. Hadn't been poking around in the forums for quite a while. Wow, I have been missing out on some pretty cool features! :) Gotta spend some time in the forums again.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Glad I could help you out, I agree with the vibrate I have that off for everything. Welcome back to the forums, stay here awhile we will learn ya some stuff :p