No vibration when typing

squirrel5150

Reaction score
I have hapltic feedback turned on but when I type there's no vibration. Am I missing something or did Motorola change things?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have hepatic feedback turned on in the sound settings as well the keyboard settings

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Xil

Reaction score
There is a vibrate on type option in the keyboard settings.

OP
S

squirrel5150

Reaction score
I have the vibrate option turned on in keyboard settings but still nothing.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I've read that the vibration is very light.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RedTarget

Reaction score
Are you using the multi touch keyboard or the swype keyboard? With the multitouch I have feedback, with Swype I do not.

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
In some apps I have noticed this as well. It seems fine on SMS or email, however, so this issue may need a bug fix update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

mrz123

Reaction score
Just got my razr, have also noticed the vibrate is weak, even with calls, is that just my phone or all Razrs?

In some apps I have noticed this as well. It seems fine on SMS or email, however, so this issue may need a bug fix update.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

airtas

Reaction score
same issues here...............I installed swiftkeyX and the vibrate is much better

Is this a software thing?

nubia

Reaction score
same thing here.... I have actually taken back a phone over this it fades in and out I too installed swiftkeyx and thought that it was causing the problem so i un installed it and same thing very weak at times on the heptic feedback.. I hope that this is a bug that can be fixed...

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
I'm knocking on wood, but my phone has been amazing so far. Feedback on keypress is very good, and I don't have any of the screen issues that others are talking about, ie dim gray whites, and bluish green tent when viewing at angles are very light and hardly noticible. Also, I have my screen brightness set to about 65-70%. I guess I got a Tuesday phone. For reference I am coming from a 4G iphone.

jtpowell

Reaction score
I think that bluish green tint may have to do with where your brightness is at. It's not a deal breaker for me.

JHOOPS2

Reaction score
Me either, but a few people have stated that they have to crank their brightness almost to 100% in order to get rid of it. Also, to stab a few more people in the heart, I got 20 hours of moderate use yesterday before needing to plug in at 10% battery. I am taking advantage of several smart actions which probably helps. Sorry to go OT.