Droid Razr HD or MAXX HD - Camera Quality

Sharon_Ag

Reaction score
Its time to upgrade and I'm looking at the Droid Razr HD and the Droid Razr Maxx HD... All the reviews are great except they say the camera stinks. Looking for feedback to see how people on this forum rate the camera. Please help ;)

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
The camera is easily the worst part of the phone. Here are some sample pics. These were all taken in HDR mode. As you can see, they aren't terrible but they aren't great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358277311738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358277311738.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 958
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358277324935.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358277324935.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,636
  • uploadfromtaptalk1358277339762.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358277339762.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 980

KaChow

Reaction score
Those are some good pics by GoCliffGo05, which the HDR should be set by default on our Razr HD's. Would be interesting if Motorola would have added the HDR function with Flash, but that is not this camera. Unfortunately the low-side happens to be low light. This is not going to be the camera that will give you a good sunset picture or even that camera shot of friends at local bar/restaurant altogether. If it is low light, its not that great. The camera is why this phone received a 9, instead of a 10.

ambrown

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading to the Razr HD as well and that was the thing that made me look at other phones is the camera. I did go and play with it in the store and I'll say the camera seems fast (though I'm coming from GB so ANYTHING will be better than what I've got) and it looks okay as far as quality. It definitely isn't as nice as the camera on the Droid DNA or the Samsung GS3 and Note II. But it works and it's attached to a great all around smartphone in every other respect. I wa considering the Note II for some time (it's still there in the back of my mind since that screen is great for viewing video) but it is just so huge. Plus the plastic feels cheap, and TouchWiz is visually annoying. The Razr HD is a nice size, it's very handsome, it feels solid, and it gets great battery life, and while the screen isn't as big as the Note II, or as sharp as the Droid DNA, it's still a 720p screen that is bright and of a respectable size.

Also one thing that tipped me over the edge in considering the Razr HD is that it's a penny on Amazon Wireless right now, and free on wirefly for existing customers upgrading. But the sale ends on the 31st so don't wait long if you know that it's what you want.

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm looking at upgrading to the Razr HD as well and that was the thing that made me look at other phones is the camera. I did go and play with it in the store and I'll say the camera seems fast (though I'm coming from GB so ANYTHING will be better than what I've got) and it looks okay as far as quality. It definitely isn't as nice as the camera on the Droid DNA or the Samsung GS3 and Note II. But it works and it's attached to a great all around smartphone in every other respect. I wa considering the Note II for some time (it's still there in the back of my mind since that screen is great for viewing video) but it is just so huge. Plus the plastic feels cheap, and TouchWiz is visually annoying. The Razr HD is a nice size, it's very handsome, it feels solid, and it gets great battery life, and while the screen isn't as big as the Note II, or as sharp as the Droid DNA, it's still a 720p screen that is bright and of a respectable size.

Also one thing that tipped me over the edge in considering the Razr HD is that it's a penny on Amazon Wireless right now, and free on wirefly for existing customers upgrading. But the sale ends on the 31st so don't wait long if you know that it's what you want.

I agree the camera isnt great, but it's usuable and when tweaked either before and or after with editing software can produce a really nice picture. But I'm looking at the Note 2 (if VZW will let me swap, I'm WAAAYY past my 15 days) because of constant ear piece issues. I've had 7+ Maxx HDs all with in a few days develop this issue. I would rather have a working HD but The Note 2 may be my only way because of the battery life and HD screen.