Droid Razr hd vs Droid razr M

needadroid

Reaction score
ok, i know you guys are automatically going to sag get the razr hd but look at it from my perspective. I'm 16 and i have to pay for whatever phone i get. as of right now i specifically have about $100 saved for a phone, hence why i was going to get the razr m, but as you may or may not knoe, the razr hd and maxx is going to be released on 10/18. I also have $70 saved randomly, i wss probably going to use for Christmas gifts or something but do you guys think i should save more and get the razr hd or just get the razr m. oh and you can get the razr hd for $189.99 at costco, so i was gonna get it from there. also, my upgrade is available on 11/1/12.

thanks your input you guys

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm gonna shock you a little bit and say that there are many who love the m.. except for the reception issues.. the antenna is grounding out when contacting the human body.. idk if a case remedies this or not..

I think the m is a lot of phone for the price... the HD will have a bigger battery and screen... but it's all about what works for you... if I were you though.. i'd spend the money and go for the bigger phone... but that's me...

If I was smart... i'd get the m... if it didn't have reception issues.. but I'm not smart lol. :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i say wait for the hd to come out and see if they fixed the reception issues. Also do a head to head and then decide that way you do not regret your decision.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Despite the fact that so many classify the M as budget and the HD as premium, and there isn't much difference between the two. Don't assume anything with battery life and performance. They share the same processor and gpu, but I would bet the M is faster in graphics due to the lower pixel count. That small screen on the M may also prove to even out the battery size advantage of the HD. The difference is the screen, HDMI and style. So if you need a larger HD screen or hdmi then your choice is simple. If you like a smaller phone its the M.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

dan.dar

Reaction score
I had the M (you can get it for $50 at Amazon) and returned it due to reception issues. The 1x and 3G are fine, but 4G is bad. I'm going to get the HD and try it out to see if reception is better. If it isn't then the S3 for $150 at Amazon sounds tempting (it was $100 at best buy last weekend). It's pretty much the same hardware inside except for that obnoxious button up front and center. I might also wait till November and see what comes out from HTC. I really hope that Moto got their $h1t together though. It isn't like them to have a phone with a crappy antenna.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I had the M (you can get it for $50 at Amazon) and returned it due to reception issues. The 1x and 3G are fine, but 4G is bad. I'm going to get the HD and try it out to see if reception is better. If it isn't then the S3 for $150 at Amazon sounds tempting (it was $100 at best buy last weekend). It's pretty much the same hardware inside except for that obnoxious button up front and center. I might also wait till November and see what comes out from HTC. I really hope that Moto got their $h1t together though. It isn't like them to have a phone with a crappy antenna.

I wouldn't say GS3 and HD have same hardware. Processors yes. Multi media experience will be much better on GS3. The screen on GS III is better based on many reviews. The camera on the GS3 is in another league. And if you care about music, the GS3 uses a high end Wolfson DAC. That said, build quality and radios should be better on Moto.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
I honestly would say.....screw Verizon. Get on a GSM network. I repeat get on a GSM network. AT&T has a better selection of phones and Verizon has bad politics. You can tell I'm bitter and fed up with them as I type this on my Razr. If you are set on Verizon though I would honestly get the M for its uniqueness.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I honestly would say.....screw Verizon. Get on a GSM network. I repeat get on a GSM network. AT&T has a better selection of phones and Verizon has bad politics. You can tell I'm bitter and fed up with them as I type this on my Razr. If you are set on Verizon though I would honestly get the M for its uniqueness.

I hear you. I was there too. I really wish there were no consequences to leaving VZW. I once ate the penalty because of how customer service treated me (long story...). I Went to ATT and came crawling back to VZW hat in hand. I just could not take how bad the data service was. Anyway, this is off topic.

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
WestOkid said:
I hear you. I was there too. I really wish there were no consequences to leaving VZW. I once ate the penalty because of how customer service treated me (long story...). I Went to ATT and came crawling back to VZW hat in hand. I just could not take how bad the data service was. Anyway, this is off topic.

Well I have to go as soon as my contract is up.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Since you should have cash in your pocket, grab the RAZR M. It is a tremendous phone and to be perfectly honest with you beside the fact that the HD is larger the M is just as good. I've used both and have to say going with the M is a smarter choice and you are getting just as good a phone.

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
ok thx you guys but i just found out i could get the razr hd for $150 from radioshack so i think im going to get that one. Ive seen some cases, not the good ones, for the phone so far but if you guys see any quality cases, please post a link or something. Preferably other than otterbox. Thanks a lot!!