Motorola DROID RAZR HD Update 9.16.6, Android 4.1.2

KaChow

Reaction score
I don't have this update yet, I'm in Los Angeles. Anyone get the OTA popup yet? thks guys. :yr1:

Download: Motorola DROID RAZR HD Update 9.16.6, Android 4.1.2 ? Droid Life

Did you happen to see the Download link in that post and the mirror? Why wait for it, you can download it. Save it to your SD Card not the internal, if you have Root> make sure to "Temp-Unroot" with Voodoo. Both Root and Non-Rooted phones can take the update through Android System Recovery. I would also advise reading some of those comments before taking the plunge, but to do it just reboot [Power+Volume down (-)], then immediately hold [Power+Volume up (+)], then when see the "dead robot" hold [volume up (+) + volume down (-)] at the same time. Select update option, I believe it is the 2nd choice in blue. Then install it, reboot once completed.

If you have disabled apps may want to enable them, also looks like this is ONCE YOU GO WITH THIS UPDATE YOU CAN"T RETURN. So, decide carefully.

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I'm not rooted. But I can't update. I can't find the file if I leave the file name like it downloads. So I change the file name to update.zip and I can find it but the update aborts! I don't know what to do? Any suggestions. Thanks!

DoubleTapp89

Reaction score
I found out that you had to download both the file and the mirror file. I didn't know they both had to be downloaded for it to work. Thanks anyways.

klosea

Reaction score
Need to use mirror site to get zip file

I'm not rooted. But I can't update. I can't find the file if I leave the file name like it downloads. So I change the file name to update.zip and I can find it but the update aborts! I don't know what to do? Any suggestions. Thanks!
i

When I downloaded from original site got .bin file,knew it was wrong so used mirror site and got real zip file

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I just woke up and saw the alert. Absolutely worthless on the surface but they state it adds security, etc... best part LOL was "improvement on the camera" - huh?