Droid razr 4g

OP
shahzaib10

shahzaib10

Reaction score
I'm at 40% after not much use in 5.5 hours; this is much worse than normal even on CDMA/LTE mode. Are you using any Smart Actions to kill mobile data, or perhaps using WiFi at all?

No.... I just have juice defender installed ... but have been using it alot... I did a factory reset before changing it to only 4g... that may be y..... but I am getting amazing battery with 4g...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Zandar

Reaction score
No.... I just have juice defender installed ... but have been using it alot... I did a factory reset before changing it to only 4g... that may be y..... but I am getting amazing battery with 4g...

What is Juice Defender doing for you, exactly? Are you still background synching all day?

I just removed a bunch of apps, too. I'll still give this a go for another day or so before I throw in the towel. The concept makes perfect sense, so I'm expecting it to work; it just isn't, yet.

Zandar

Reaction score
Weather Channel app is taking up a lot of memory, but I don't know about CPU cycles. Maybe I'll disable it tomorrow for that day's test.

djspy

Reaction score
What are the other options after i click next 2 times? Just curious. CDMA RX Diversity (set to off) andHDR RX Diversity (Also set to off) my phone failed to connect to these things when i clicked next 2 times.

Zandar

Reaction score
So far at 15% battery in just over 8 hours of mainly idle. I think I'll have to toggle it back and forth again and fully charge it/restart it; this obviously isn't working as it ought.

OP
shahzaib10

shahzaib10

Reaction score
Never mind don't just set to lte only.. u can't make calls.. just internet access ...

OP
shahzaib10

shahzaib10

Reaction score
Because the calls are evdo... when u set it only to lte mode only, evdo is turned off. Causing u to not make calls.
I hope there is an option for lte and evdo only ...

dsprik

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks, Shahzaib. Guess I need to learn more about evdo/3g/lte relationships. Apprently evdo is married to 2g/3g only... LTE must be a data-only radio? If true (and I may be getting way ahead of myself), I would assume that Skype/VoIP calls would be your only option on 4g/lte? This would also explain why the razr has a "3g only" switch, but not a "4g only" switch. It wasn't just because the moto engineers forget to put one in...

~On Edit (minor): Oops... I believe 2g was not evdo either. But you could/can still make calls if on 2g (1x) only... right?

Last edited:
OP
shahzaib10

shahzaib10

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks, Shahzaib. Guess I need to learn more about evdo/3g/lte relationships. Apprently evdo is married to 2g/3g only... LTE must be a data-only radio? If true (and I may be getting way ahead of myself), I would assume that Skype/VoIP calls would be your only option on 4g/lte? This would also explain why the razr has a "3g only" switch, but not a "4g only" switch. It wasn't just because the moto engineers forget to put one in...

~On Edit (minor): Oops... I believe 2g was not evdo either. But you could/can still make calls if on 2g (1x) only... right?

Honestly I have in idea .. only reason I figured this out was because I tried to make calls but it said all failure.. I rebooted and still didn't work.then I went back and changed it to lte/cdma/evdo and could make calls. Then I set it to only evdo and had no data connection bit could mark phone calls..so assumed evdo was for calls

Zandar

Reaction score
I forgot about this aspect, too. They'll eventually have voice over LTE, but it's not quite out, yet. You could always use something like GrooveIP, though.

Sliced from my RAZR

boggerscbshop

Reaction score
Download the app called Phone Info in the market. Works awesome. Or dial *#*#4636#*#* send.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ok. Thanks, Shahzaib. Guess I need to learn more about evdo/3g/lte relationships. Apprently evdo is married to 2g/3g only... LTE must be a data-only radio? If true (and I may be getting way ahead of myself), I would assume that Skype/VoIP calls would be your only option on 4g/lte? This would also explain why the razr has a "3g only" switch, but not a "4g only" switch. It wasn't just because the moto engineers forget to put one in...<BR><BR>~On Edit (minor): Oops... I believe 2g was not evdo either. But you could/can still make calls if on 2g (1x) only... right?

Actually, CDMA EV-DO (Code Division Multiple Access Evolution-Data Optimized), currently EV-DO Rev.A is - the cellular radio in your phone and is married to 3G, but unfortunately they aren't able to operate in tandem, or in other words no cell calls while surfing. It's a dual-function chip that provides a digital Cellular Phone radio and a digital Data radio. Fortunately it is completely separate from the 4G radio, which is what allows simultaneous Cellular voice and Data over the Verizon network. CDMA IS obviously capable of data, but only on a comparatively limited basis. This is why you can get texts even without a data connection (in other words, no 3G or 4G), as long as you have Cellular service. 3G and 4G are both DATA communications, and yes, they can also transmit and receive audio such as a VOIP phone call, but that's not the current system design.

And yes, you are right again...4G is Data-only. That's not to say that VOIP over 4G ins't the ultimate goal. Frankly, we're likely headed for the EVERYTHING over IP goal...TV, Radio, Fire, Police, Cellular, etc. You name it, if it's transcodable to data, it can be sent over an internet connection at this point, so why not utilize it to the fullest.

Last edited: