Droid R2D2 Roms

bigwilly90210

Reaction score
Hi I'm not new to DroidForums but I'm new to the Droid 2 scene. Finally upgrading the old warhorse Droid 1 for that shiny astromech R2D2 edition of the Droid 2. I've been poking around and from what I understand is the bootloader still locked? Or do I just do the normal root, ROM Manager, flash CWM recovery? The problem I have is I love tinkering and trying new software, but a lot of the reason I'm getting this phone is the extra Star Wars software goodies. Is anyone working on Droid 2 R2D2 roms? Or can I just flash the regular Droid 2 roms and install my star wars stuff manually? Thanks in advance for any help. I'm just a little new and in love with my nerdtastic Droid. Lol.

P.S. as a side note, I'm just missing any gingerbread romsl? The Droid 1 has like 5 pretty stable ones, I'm just kinda surprised I don't even see any at all here. Just curious, not complaining. I understand part of the reason is we SHOULD be getting an official 2.3 to work with for the Droid 2. The Droid 1 is EOL so, not getting offical update. But it begs the question: will the special edition R2D2 get an official 2.3 update? Or will they just skip over it? :'(
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App