Droid Pro receives no love. What gives?

jwgraves

Reaction score
Her phone doesn't do it.

I have evidence that Android phones can secretly reboot without resetting the uptime counter to zero. Unless one is constantly watching the phone, it could have restarted while nobody was watching.

If Google made boot.log available/visible on Android phones, we can verify.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I'm sorry but this has to be the stupidest comment I have ever seen on this forum. "evidence", "secretly reboot", really....? C'mon now.

Natey2

Reaction score
Her phone doesn't do it.

I have evidence that Android phones can secretly reboot without resetting the uptime counter to zero. Unless one is constantly watching the phone, it could have restarted while nobody was watching.

If Google made boot.log available/visible on Android phones, we can verify.

I'm sorry but this has to be the stupidest comment I have ever seen on this forum. "evidence", "secretly reboot", really....? C'mon now.

If you have never seen an Android phone restart without resetting the uptime counter, you have not used Android long enough.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
I haven't had my Pro for very long, but I recall one random reboot and it hasn't done it since. I've played around downloading and uninstalling apps and I feel like I either had Handcent or GO SMS at the time. I've uninstalled them since getting SMS Pop-up. No issues now.

It looks like a BB because Motorola WANTED it to look like a BB. They were trying to entice business users to the Android side. Do I care? Not really. Having any physical keyboard is better than none at all. I had forgotten how much I truly missed it until I actually got my Pro after transitioning from my Eris.

Also, the screen. I don't understand why so many people have a beef with it. Maybe it's because I came from an Eris but the screen size is perfect to me. Personally, I think if the screen were much bigger, it would completely destroy one of my favorite features: its portability. I don't need a near tablet-sized screen to enjoy my phone. It was meant for business and organization. Not HD movies and games.

The gist of that whole thing is that I love my Pro. Could do with some better battery life, but working around computers all day gives me plenty of ways to recharge it if I find myself playing with my phone so much that it's nearly dead. Also, just to note, I decided not to even attempt to root my Pro for fear of losing functionality.