Apps not working since GB update

hotkoko

Reaction score
Has anybody had this happen to them? My chase bank app hasn't worked on my pro since I received my update. I've uninstalled and re installed many times, still doesn't work

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

dutchbastard

Reaction score
Same here, the Chase app refuses to log me in. It runs, but when logging in it tells me it can't connect to chase servers
I've also had some issues with the social networking widget crashing for facebook.
With twitter the widget works fine, just not with facebook.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Yes, that's exactly what chase app says. ****in weird. I hope it fixes soon. I do all my banking and paying bills from that app

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two things. You build the app to the OS, not the other way around, but I doubt that's your issue.

Do a factory data reset, I'll bet that will fix you up.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Hookbill what's that mean? Build the app around the os. And last time I did a hard reset on my phone it was such a pain in the ass. I lost everything

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Has anybody had this happen to them? My chase bank app hasn't worked on my pro since I received my update. I've uninstalled and re installed many times, still doesn't work

I don't think it's unusual for that to happen on some apps, particularly apps that require a certain degree of encrytion, like an app for a bank.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hookbill what's that mean? Build the app around the os. And last time I did a hard reset on my phone it was such a pain in the ass. I lost everything

Well applications are built to run efficiently on a certain OS. Most of the apps are designed to work with Froyo 2.2. Gingerbread is 2.3, so there is always the chance that some apps may not work, force close, etc.

Now you don't have to do a hard reset. Just go into the privacy section and press factory data reset. Press yes, and your phone will reset. It will still be Gingerbread and all your apps should restore. Even the unpaid ones.

It use to be that only the paid apps restored, and even then you had to go to the Market, My Apps, and restore them. But lately it's my experience that the non paid apps restore as well. At least most did.

Understand I can't guarantee it will work that way for you but that's how it's working for most people. Contacts will be restored when you sign into Google as well.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Im reading about this reset and says if you do this ur sd card will be erased pictures and music. I don't want that

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im reading about this reset and says if you do this ur sd card will be erased pictures and music. I don't want that

I don't know where you are reading, but that's totally false. I've done several Factory Data Resets. It does not erase your SD card.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
It says it. I click on privacy In my settings, then I click factory reset, and the whole screen turned into a big warning saying sd card will get erased

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It says it. I click on privacy In my settings, then I click factory reset, and the whole screen turned into a big warning saying sd card will get erased

It won't. You'll just have to trust me on this. Just ignore it.

If it makes you feel better just make a copy of your SD card on your computer and put it on your desk top.

Last edited:
OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Lol. I don't know how to make copies. Not tech savvy. But ill probably put in another sd card that I don't use

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol. I don't know how to make copies. Not tech savvy. But ill probably put in another sd card that I don't use

All you have to do is mount your phone to a computer. Open the SD card up, and select all. Copy.

None of that is necessary however, but obviously I can't convince you so good luck.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Hookbill. I just did what u said. Reset phone and lost everything. All apps. Some apps I can't even get in the market anymore. Was on phone with tech support for 2hrs. Phone wouldn't even activate or sync with google. Totally ****ed it up

UNC

Reaction score
Hookbill. I just did what u said. Reset phone and lost everything. All apps. Some apps I can't even get in the market anymore. Was on phone with tech support for 2hrs. Phone wouldn't even activate or sync with google. Totally ****ed it up

When you do the reset it will ask you to enter your gmail info, when you do that it restores MOST of your data/apps. It doesn't erase your SD card though.... Don't create a new gmail, sign in with the one you used before... If your apps don't restore, go to the Google market on your CPU and push the apps that you've previously downloaded to the phone. All of the apps have an install button... Click it on CPU and they install on phone automatically.