Droid Possessed

beerman1373

Reaction score
My Moto Droid seems to be possessed!! The screen started changing on its own and then it went into my contacts and made a call on its own!!! Pulled the battery and rebooted, unlocked on its own and again went into my contacts and made another call :icon_eek:. Sooooo, Pulled battery again and booted into recovery and restored to a previous date. Same thing!!! HELLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
download any recent apps that may be the cause? are you rooted or stock

OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score
Sorry, Should have stated what i am running. I am rooted and when this started i was running D1-MIUI-0.10.29-V6.X. I recovered back to BB V-5 and had the same issue. It almost seems like i am tapping on the screen!! Very weird. No recent apps! Hope i can get it back to stock if i need to take it in :icon_eek:
I left the battery out for about 20 minutes and it seems to be OK. Hopefully anyway!! The other thing i noticed is my battery drained really fast when this started.

Last edited:
OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score
Issue is back this Morning!! I wiped Data and cache and reinstalled BB 5 using Sprecovery and still happening. Very odd issue. Like i said its like someone else is controlling the screen:icon_evil:. Whats the fastest way to get it back to stock so i can take her in? lol

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do you have either a task killer or an anti-virus app installed? If so, uninstall.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score
Do you have either a task killer or an anti-virus app installed? If so, uninstall.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't have either installed. I think i found the correct file to get it back to stock. " http://android.clients.google.com/pa...-ota-50454.zip" in case i need to take it back to Verizon! Also, Seems if i leave the Phone off for a while the issue stops! Overheating Maybe?

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using a non-oem charger? This will cause many issues.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score
Are you using a non-oem charger? This will cause many issues.

I used one of those Portable battery packs last week while on Vacation. I think it was called a Veho or something like that. Didn't have any issue though until last night.

Xerozix

Reaction score
Faulty battery pack is now acting up. I know that placing my phone on granite would also do that.

conacher

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem on my stock Droid 2. It will just randomly start doing what it wants like someone else is using the phone while I'm trying to. I've tried deleting all apps and doing the factory data reset but it didn't help any. And I'm using the stock charger so that can't be the problem either

OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score
Faulty battery pack is now acting up. I know that placing my phone on granite would also do that.

HMMM. Well, i got it back to Stock and will take the poor thing into the doc this afternoon. Getting it booted and signing into google account was not easy with the screen hopping around lol lol.

SGTiger

Reaction score
I had the problem last week after getting a greasy film on my screen from my hands. Touch screen started activating without me touching it, opening apps, and random clicking. This has happened about three times since I bought it. Would not stop until I cleaned the screen.

OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score
I had the problem last week after getting a greasy film on my screen from my hands. Touch screen started activating without me touching it, opening apps, and random clicking. This has happened about three times since I bought it. Would not stop until I cleaned the screen.

Well, Lets see what happens! I just cleaned with Monster Screen cleaner. Will let you know. dancedroid

OP
beerman1373

beerman1373

Reaction score

I thought we had it! But after 30 minutes it started again :icon_ owned:.