My Droid is Possessed!

jcd3tx

Reaction score
Ok . . . maybe not . . . but it sure in hell (all puns intended) is acting that way. The behavior started this afternoon. Basically, it just is not responding to my touch commands. Rather, it is going off and doing all sorts of other things on its own: Bringing up the phone and dialing Voicemail; opening email and shakily scrolling up and down and up and down and up and down; opening IMs and typing random characters in the dialog box . . . Really, it is as if it is possessed . . .

I have tried cold booting it with its on-off button, and even taking the battery out. Still possessed?

Do I need . . . dare I say it . . . an Android Exorcist!?!?!?!?!? . . . . . . SPLORRRRRRRRRRRCHTTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, any suggestions? I am thinking I might have been hacked into as well. :mad:

The suggestion line is now open!

jd

:hail:

Last edited by a moderator:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Well, you could try a factory data reset, but I honestly think your digitier might be going out. You could also try turning your phone off, clean the screen with an alcohol swab/pad, then turn it back on. If < that doesn't work, I'm leaning toward digitizer.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You should be able to go into Settings > Privacy and do it there.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Or you could call the exorcist ;)