Droid now or wait for X. general differences?

matt9481

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My current phone is broken, the LG Dare. and I'm looking into getting a smartphone, I know a few people who have the Droid and are very pleased.

I don't really want to wait for the new Droids to come out seeing as I dont have anything right now.

How much better will the new Droid 2 or Droid X be than the original? Now, I've searched and compared and I see the new improved camera, and slightly larger screen/slimmer design.

But in terms of usability, and features. what am I waiting for? What will the new ones do that the original droid does not? I heard the Droid X has a faster processor. Well, how much is that noticeable? is the current one slow and annoying sometimes?

Basically, for usability: messaging, browsing, emails, and apps. Why should I wait for the new droids, what is going to make me kick myself for not waiting?

(my other question is, the original droid has a keyboard which I heard many people dont use. what is it exactly what makes the keyboard useless? I'm all for a slimmer design without a keyboard, but my last touch only phone made me wish I had actual buttons sometimes.)

MisplacedCelt

Reaction score
I don't know how much this will actually influence your decision, but the Droid 2 (not the Droid X) appears to have a physical keyboard.

hoing

Reaction score
Get a regular droid imo just overclock (make proccessfor faster after 'jailbreaking') and then add themes etc of your choice you'll be more than happy.

also camera isnt that much better + you get no keyboard

droid x is a great phone from what i see none the less.

robyr

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the case is manufactured? Is it plastic? Or is it metal like our lovable Droid's? I just picked my Droid up, and although I love the hell out of it, the X will drop before my trial time is up, and I could upgrade to the X no charge.

hoing

Reaction score
rob, its bologna. stick to your droid. the droid was proved to be the sturdiest smart phone out (test by engadget)

robyr

Reaction score
rob, its bologna. stick to your droid. the droid was proved to be the sturdiest smart phone out (test by engadget)

Good stuff. I figured it would be less rugged, just by looking at it. The big screen isn't that big of a deal to me, seeing as there is no resolution change, and the Droid 1 is almost the *perfect* size for crisp, clear, readable text. I can only suspect the X will be slightly grainy. Not to mention, I have no interest what so ever to watch movies on my phone save for the odd YouTube clip someone sends me.

Good looking out.

OP
M

matt9481

Reaction score
does the X do anything special or have any noteworthy features that the Droid does not?