Don't Want To Wait

Scott26

Reaction score
New here,

I am up for an upgrade with Verizon and "need" to get a new phone I am on the fence right now with the Droid 2 (Faster Processor... Physical Keypad) or the Droid X (Nice Features...HDMI... Bigger Screen)... now that CES is over though and the Bionic release happening sometime in the second quater I don't know if I should wait.

Ideas? Comments?

Thanks,
Scott

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ideas - wait, comments - wait, as far as your X - D2 decision battle they are basically the same device internally, unless you are reffering to the D2G - that's the device with the faster processor at 1.2 Ghz but nothing beats Dual Core

Sent from my Droid Classic with Bionic Fever -

Beka27

Reaction score
I came from an EnV2. I feel your frustration... lol. Have you tried buying another phone outright on either Ebay or Craigslist. Gets you something newer to play around with, without taking away your upgrade. Summertime will be here before you know it.

OP
Scott26

Scott26

Reaction score
I think I am going to get the Driod X with the massive following it has I feel it should stand the test of time and stick around for the next 2 years hopefully... and with the promotion of $140 for my family unlimited plan for 2 lines I think it is a good choice.

Beka27

Reaction score
Are you going to see if you can sign a one year agreement? The X is a great phone. I think you'll really like it!

OP
Scott26

Scott26

Reaction score
Are you going to see if you can sign a one year agreement? The X is a great phone. I think you'll really like it!

I am going to buy the phone from best buy (no mail in rebate and no restocking fee if needed to be returned) this will be a 2 yr extension... after I get it I will upgrade my phone plan to the $140 for unlimited text-data-mobilbe2mobile now should I pay extra for some sort of extended warrenty?

Beka27

Reaction score
I don't know anything about the extended warranty, try searching the forum, I'm sure you'll be able to find some threads about it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I passed on the extended warranty. You might want to consider insurance.

OP
Scott26

Scott26

Reaction score
Well I went by the verizon store after work and played with the X for about 40 min and the D2G for about 20 min and I am tore again! So many choices!

OP
Scott26

Scott26

Reaction score
How are you with the virtual keyboard?

(from Beka's DX)

I have never had one before I am able to use it pretty easy but it sure is nice being able to feel the keyboard without having to look at what I am typing.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the X for sure, you think you need the physical keyboard, but once you get used to the virtual keyboard you'll be twice as fast with it as apposed to the physical.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're a tweaker then I'd go for the X. If you're not then the hardware keyboard is nice because of the arrow keys -- makes copy/paste and editing so much easier!

The Droid 2 Global has its advantages but also its quirks, and if you're a tweaker then it's probably not for you.

Janet1025

Reaction score
I'd go with the X for sure, you think you need the physical keyboard, but once you get used to the virtual keyboard you'll be twice as fast with it as apposed to the physical.

I was anti virtual keyboard, came from a bb tour to the droid pro returned the pro and took a chance with the X absolutely love it!!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Scott26

Scott26

Reaction score
I am not a tweaker with phones yet but I like to DIY everything from my saltwater reef to my motorcycle I think root a phone will be second nature soon enough.