Solved Droid Maxx (XT1080) can't keep or find Wifi connections.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
My last CVS update is may 3

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
03f9c9a7cc2579ae5f9c17abb2ab81ff.jpg

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My apologies for the incorrect date. I don't always put my granny glasses on to read. Still have strong WiFi. Still convinced it's that app. I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My apologies for the incorrect date. I don't always put my granny glasses on to read. Still have strong WiFi. Still convinced it's that app. I'll let you know if I'm wrong.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
This is awesome news and great information for our community. It's actually people just like you that make this community what it is and therefore a great resource to solve problems and create new ideas. Thanks for the feedback and keep us informed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
This is awesome news and great information for our community. It's actually people just like you that make this community what it is and therefore a great resource to solve problems and create new ideas. Thanks for the feedback and keep us informed.

Thank YOU, FoxKat! And thanks to all who have helped advise, guide, and inform me over the years. Truly, this place ROCKS!
Additionally: I just got back from running errands and all is right in my WiFi world! My phone picked up signals in all the right places!

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Nearly 24 hours of moving about and switching WiFi locations with no issues. I've added back my apps, minus the CVS app, and consider this solved. I'll mark it as such. Thank you all again for your help and support! I could have never done it without y'all!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nearly 24 hours of moving about and switching WiFi locations with no issues. I've added back my apps, minus the CVS app, and consider this solved. I'll mark it as such. Thank you all again for your help and support! I could have never done it without y'all!
Yay!

JayBofMA

Reaction score
I am using my old XT1080 after my Nexus 6P died 13 months after purchase. Since resuscitating the XT1080 I have been frustrated with WiFi/BT connectivity issues. I have tried many other suggestions, but I was without a solution. That is, until I came here. Removing the CVS app was what solved my problem. And this in late 2017! So, it seems the XT1080 is very sensitive to apps that can access WiFi and BT. I will have to keep that in mind when I am next tempted to install something.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am using my old XT1080 after my Nexus 6P died 13 months after purchase. Since resuscitating the XT1080 I have been frustrated with WiFi/BT connectivity issues. I have tried many other suggestions, but I was without a solution. That is, until I came here. Removing the CVS app was what solved my problem. And this in late 2017! So, it seems the XT1080 is very sensitive to apps that can access WiFi and BT. I will have to keep that in mind when I am next tempted to install something.

Ya know something. My wife has been having a helluva time with BT on her Moto X Pure AND she uses the CVS app. I'm going to suggest that she does a trial removal and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Glad to hear the Forum was able to help you with a question / issue. :D