Droid Keys falling off...

MikeyGG

Reaction score
my keys started falling off months ago and its just getting worse

22 keys and counting have fallen off my droid

has anybody else had this problem?

i dont want to pay to replace it if its just going to happen again because the design of the keyboard is horrible its basically just rubber glued on

liquidzoo

Reaction score
And you didn't take it into the store? This seems like something that would be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
And you didn't take it into the store? This seems like something that would be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.

i tried when it was just 8 keys that fell off

they said call the insurance they wanted to charge me

i called motorola they wanted to charge me they say its wear and tear

but seriously its a ****ty design they should replace it

Last edited:

EJ20

Reaction score

+1.

I believe they have to cover basic physical problems with the phone as long as said problems aren't the result of abuse by the owner.

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score

+1.

I believe they have to cover basic physical problems with the phone as long as said problems aren't the result of abuse by the owner.

they said the warranty didnt cover it

bamfsig45

Reaction score
I use my keyboard everyday and no problems. There are some with this issue and some w/o so it its a manufacturing defect, not wear and tear. Thats My opinion.

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
I use my keyboard everyday and no problems. There are some with this issue and some w/o so it its a manufacturing defect, not wear and tear. Thats My opinion.

ive had it since it came out and when i got it i was sending a minimum of 5,000 txts a month along with countless hours of instant messaging

i was also thinking it was a manufacturing defect but when i called Motorola about it they said they never heard of this problem

EJ20

Reaction score

+1.

they said the warranty didnt cover it

Damn man, that stinks. :frown:

I see now that you said that before, but we posted at the same time.

EDIT: I hope the buttons don't fall of my Droid...:icon_eek:

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
Try calling customer service

ive called Verizon, Motorola and the insurance company all wanted to charge me to replace it

its been about 3 months since then i guess i can try again

dolpns13

Reaction score
tell them you want to see the policy on warranties... I do not know why the warranty wouldnt cover it.. The 1 year warranty covers EVERYTHING aside from getting the phone wet and if you break it yourself.

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
tell them you want to see the policy on warranties... I do not know why the warranty wouldnt cover it.. The 1 year warranty covers EVERYTHING aside from getting the phone wet and if you break it yourself.

thats what i thought

its never been wet and rarely ever dropped maybe once or twice, and that wouldn't even effect the keyboard.

i just want it replaced for free because its not my fault i use the phone like it should be used!

Thank you all for your input i hope they replace it, its so annoying to txt on a keyboard with no keys gotta push them really hard.

dolpns13

Reaction score

thats what i thought

its never been wet and rarely ever dropped maybe once or twice, and that wouldn't even effect the keyboard.

i just want it replaced for free because its not my fault i use the phone like it should be used!

Thank you all for your input i hope they replace it, its so annoying to txt on a keyboard with no keys gotta push them really hard.

Look bro, dont tajke no for an answer. The VZ 1 year warranties havent changed since the first motorola phone was sold. I think they are just tryin to blow smoke up your *** and get out of honoring the warranty. Speak to a manager and definitely threaten to file a complaint with the state attorney generals office of consumer affairs

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score

thats what i thought

Look bro, dont tajke no for an answer. The VZ 1 year warranties havent changed since the first motorola phone was sold. I think they are just tryin to blow smoke up your *** and get out of honoring the warranty. Speak to a manager and definitely threaten to file a complaint with the state attorney generals office of consumer affairs

yeah the guy i talked to in the Verizon store was quick to say thats an issue you have to call the insurance about. ill go there later today give them a piece of my mind