Anyone have keys starting to fall off? My 'R' is loose!

diggy488

Reaction score
From what I understand, the keys on the DROID are glued on. Since I've been playing NESOID I've been wearing out the 'R' key. I noticed the key has slid, meaning I can take my fingertip and slide it around. I've only had the phone for two weeks. Is this something that is covered as a replacement? I probably won't play as much on it now that I know it's vulnerable to consistent use, which sucks, but oh well. What do you all think? Thanks

iPirate

Reaction score
how does it slide? it looks like it the keys are in a grid and cannot slide

I would take it back to them and let them know, see what they do

OP
diggy488

diggy488

Reaction score
It's not very loose at the moment. If I was to play a game for 30min with consistent pressure on the key, it's like the warmth of the finger loosens the glue, IF they are in fact glued. Anyone know for sure how the keyboard is intact?

Edmvr6

Reaction score
wow...that sux... i dont really use the keyboard that much so havent had that problem...ill keep that in mind though

Jer

Reaction score
My wife put one of the Motorola OEM rubberized bezel cases on her Droid and it wasn't sliding closed so when she took it off she noticed that the OEM case snagged her Del key and tore it half way off. I put it back on as best I could but now it sits all crooked. Needless to say we were pretty pissed off since the phones were about a week old.