Droid Keys falling off...

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
Nobody uses the keyboard.. aren't u getting a Droid x anyhow

i use the keyboard... i like to be able to type without having to stare at my screen to see what im pressing with the keyboard i can type without having to even look at my phone

id prefer the x but im not willing to pay the price its going to cost because my contract doesn't end for awhile

dolpns13

Reaction score

I actually love the keyboard. Swype screws up from time to time. Its the reason I went with the Droid instead of the Incredible (which apparently was the right decision - heard the incredible sucks)

EJ20

Reaction score

I actually love the keyboard. Swype screws up from time to time. Its the reason I went with the Droid instead of the Incredible (which apparently was the right decision - heard the incredible sucks)

Same reason I went with the Moto Droid. I love the keyboard...as long as the keys stay on, that is. :D

bishoy

Reaction score
just find something else (or make something up) about your phone and say it has an issue that is in fact covered under the warranty. dont mention the keyboard and see if they will replace it

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
just find something else (or make something up) about your phone and say it has an issue that is in fact covered under the warranty. dont mention the keyboard and see if they will replace it

id rather have them be aware of this issue so they dont put a keyboard similar to this one on anything, ever.

and its extremely obvious im missing 22 keys they would ask and try to find a reason to not replace it, m and z are also about to fall off

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those with keyboard issues, call the manufacturer and take down the reps name and id number. Then after they tell you no, take that info to vzw and explain how the company is not living up to their end of the warranty. You gonna have to keep fighting this, probably gonna go through a couple of vzw reps, maybe even have to threaten to cancel your account and speak to the rep who is incharge of convincing you to stay with vzw.
The point is you paid you money for the device and you should not just take what ever they tell you, especially if its an manufacturers defect.

OP
M

MikeyGG

Reaction score
For those with keyboard issues, call the manufacturer and take down the reps name and id number. Then after they tell you no, take that info to vzw and explain how the company is not living up to their end of the warranty. You gonna have to keep fighting this, probably gonna go through a couple of vzw reps, maybe even have to threaten to cancel your account and speak to the rep who is incharge of convincing you to stay with vzw.
The point is you paid you money for the device and you should not just take what ever they tell you, especially if its an manufacturers defect.

thanks! nice bit of advice

ricks

Reaction score
Just keep calling cs and eventually you will win. Try a supervisor, I would not stop until it was replaced. Threatening to file a complaint with the state attorney generals office of consumer affairs does nothing and they will be laughing with that threat. It does nothing. If they dont budge I would tell them I want to cancel my contract. This will work out eventually.

Last edited:

dolpns13

Reaction score
Back in the day, after my 6600 was acting buggy - I dont know why, it was just acting weird, When i brought it to them, they wouldnt help me, so the next day I took a pin, and scraped the inside of the charger hookup so it wouldnt work anymore. I took it back and told them it isnt recognizing my phone when I plug it in and I dont know why. They replaced it.

dolpns13

Reaction score
Just keep calling cs and eventually you will win. Try a supervisor, I would not stop until it was replaced. Threatening to file a complaint with the state attorney generals office of consumer affairs does nothing and they will be laughing with that threat. It does nothing. If they dont budge I would tell them I want to cancel my contract. This will work out eventually.

Thats what you think... Ive done it with directtv and won. And its not a threat if you actually do it. when it comes to orgainzations selling crap and taking advantage of the consumer, you best believe I file a complaint.

Actually, I threatened to file a complaint with a doctor this week because they were acting unethical... The doctors office listened and obided to my request.

ricks

Reaction score
Thats what you think... Ive done it with directtv and won. And its not a threat if you actually do it. when it comes to orgainzations selling crap and taking advantage of the consumer, you best believe I file a complaint.

Actually, I threatened to file a complaint with a doctor this week because they were acting unethical... The doctors office listened and obided to my request.[/QUOTE]

It does nothing. You just got lucky. Try it with Verizon and they will laugh

dylanthecat

Reaction score

Actually, I threatened to file a complaint with a doctor this week because they were acting unethical... The doctors office listened and obided to my request.

You are upset that someone is acting unethically when you proved you are unethical by damaging your own phone? Really?

Last edited:

dolpns13

Reaction score
It does nothing. You just got lucky. Try it with Verizon and they will laugh

Lol.. ok.. Ive gotten 2 free months of time warner cable, ive gotten credit card companies to take of charges and so on and so forth.. Just because they laugh at you doesnt mean they laugh at everybody. and does it really matter if they laugh or not? They dont make the laws, the states do, and if they are not obiding by consumer law, they can laugh all the way to the bank before they make those law suit payments