Droid keeps restarting?

nemisis813

Reaction score
Apparently it was the antivirus program. I had the same problem all day long. I went to Verizon wireless and they had to order me a new phone. I ended up uninstalling antivirus about three hours ago and now everything is working fine. I suggest people should not dl the antivirus app.

Mysfit

Reaction score
Ok I uninstalled the AV program, restarted the phone and now it seems to be fine.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So my phone has been shutting off all afternoon and the phone was really slow and laggy and it was really hot, I also have the antivirus program, well I just erased that app and the phone hasn't turned off yet, its doing a lot better. I'm thinking there was a bug with that program. I'm on my droid now, so I hope this helps y'all out

Mysfit

Reaction score
yup been fine with th AV app gone I sent an email to the av website about it.

Scottyrocket

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the update was actually from the AV creator? Sounds like the software might have been hacked and a virus was sent out as an update?? Just a thought...

Nothing2prove00

Reaction score
I downloaded some updates for apps, next thing I know my phone is restarting and not functioning correctly. I can't make phone calls or anything. It's really starting to piss me off! I pulled the battery and rebooted, but still have the same problem. I can't make any phone calls...

exact same problem

chrisd

Reaction score
Same thing here working great now great job who ever figured this out thanks

autumnsky

Reaction score
I just posted on another forum...I had the same problem but it was with the update for the Layers app. Unfortunately I can only get to my downloads screen and time runs out and it reboots, so I'm not even able to uninstall.:mad:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've had my Droid since launch and hadn't had a single problem with it until I updated this morning and started having the same problems as everyone else in this thread. I uninstalled Flyscreen, Antivirus, and Timeriffic and everything has been fine since then. If I see comments that things are working well again, I'll go back and reinstall them.
I can tell you for certain your issue had nothing to do with Timeriffic. I have been using it since November 18.

rmcomer

Reaction score
I had the same problem after anti-virus updated today. My phone was rebooting every 2-3 minutes and was very sluggish and choppy after it updated the app. Once I removed anti-virus all returned to normal.

shooter5

Reaction score
I just uninstalled mine. it was an update from earlier today, and after installing antivirus and a few others, it has been shutting off every 15 minutes..anouncing the same emails, over and over, etc. just got rid of it and all is now fine! you may want to check out Lookout, it's also an antivirus, back-up tool, and phone locator...and it seems to work!!

Bum

Reaction score
Mine was also the AV update. That stupid update ruined my whole night. I couldn't make phone calls and it died just after midnight when I needed to actually make a few phone calls. Argh, I threw my phone on the ground several times, but is now working fine since AV is uninstalled. Stupid AV app!!!!

funkdore

Reaction score
Same thing with me. I just deleted anti-virus app and all is well. It's working fine now