Droid issues already

jasond212000

Reaction score
i've been having a few issues with my droid the last week and a half or so (only had it about 2 weeks), but there is already a good bit of freezing up going on and stuff like when a call is ended or still going on and the screen timesout I'm having to re power the phone sometimes to get the screen to come back on. should i be worried this stuff is already going on and ask them for a new one (cause i really love this phone) or just suck it up and keep with it. Oh, and it's not rooted or anything.

thanks for any help!

honestly in this situation 9 out of 10 times its due to an application conflict causing the problems.

the phone itself is most likely okay.... but what apps have you installed?

Get used to all of that. I've had so many conflict problems since the 2.1 update. I'm hoping that Froyo fixes all these problems. If not, I'll root it and hope that fixes it.

Wow, thanks. I'll delete it right now and let you know if that worked.

Wow, thanks. I'll delete it right now and let you know if that worked.

It may well help, but it may not solve your problem. The issue you're confronting is a common one, especially for a new user who is excited by the prospect of downloading a bunch of apps when they first get their phone.

For such folks, I'd recommend the following.

() Use your phone in a completely stock state for a couple of weeks. Don't add apps. This will give you a "baseline" in terms of experience to which you can compare performance as you add features. And for God's sake, don't root your phone, at least for awhile.

() If you're using your phone for email, as you probably are, explore your options for various email clients. Make sure things are working well for awhile. Again, this usually takes a couple of weeks as your use "piles up."

() If you are messaging, see comment above about email.

() Once you've become accustomed to the way your phone works, add apps carefully. Be especially cautious about apps that "synch" on a regular basis. (e.g. news/weather/etc.) Feel free to add such apps, but give each one a day or two to operate without other changes to give you an idea of any impact they have on performance or battery use.

() Strongly resist adding ANY automated task killer. On the other hand, you might try adding an app like "SystemPanel" that can be used to kill tasks if necessary, but mainly let you know what is running on your phone so you can learn more about its operation.

() This will all take some patience, a virtue often lacking among those with new phones and among those who haven't grown up. Cultivate it. In a couple of months you'll be very familiar with what works and what doesn't on your phone and you'll have developed a degree of patience that is very useful in other areas of your life. :)

Oh i can be patient about it. i just wanted to be sure from some others who have had theirs for awhile to see if it was an issue that i may need to get another droid before my 30 days was up so i wasnt stuck with a lemon because i want to keep this phone for a while.

honestly in this situation 9 out of 10 times its due to an application conflict causing the problems.

the phone itself is most likely okay.... but what apps have you installed?

just a few such as ustream, iheart radio, tv guide, radar now, task killer (which i just read about not using), ebay, tv guide. thats about it i think

You can still exchange your phone for another one (same model, refurbished) under your warranty after 30 days. It is better to have a working refurbished one than a messed up new one. Follow jsh1120's suggestions, he has given you good advice. Good luck with your Droid!

Back