First Droid issue

SCCSURF

Reaction score
I had my first issue last night and into today. Last night my phone just shut off and I was unable to restart it until I pulled the battery. The phone battery was about half at the time. And then today I couldn't get any service anywhere. I took the phone to Verizon in the middle of my day and the tech put the phone into airplane mode, pulled the battery, then reinstalled and loaded up in airplane mode. After the phone booted up he switched it back to normal mode and turned off wifi and gps which I already had off. It worked fine, he told me this was a little trick to getting the phone to resend a signal to the towers. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
I had my first issue last night and into today. Last night my phone just shut off and I was unable to restart it until I pulled the battery. The phone battery was about half at the time. And then today I couldn't get any service anywhere. I took the phone to Verizon in the middle of my day and the tech put the phone into airplane mode, pulled the battery, then reinstalled and loaded up in airplane mode. After the phone booted up he switched it back to normal mode and turned off wifi and gps which I already had off. It worked fine, he told me this was a little trick to getting the phone to resend a signal to the towers. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

THAT is a nice trick. I Use that as my first Issue on this thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...ons/10236-placeholder-known-issues-fixes.html

Thanks for that
Tigger