Droid X sick already...

OP
T

timmerz

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks a lot for the help, fellas! I just remembered something that may have some bearing on all this...last night when I plugged the bugger in to charge I used the wrong charger and plugged my regular flip-phone Verizon charger in...that was the first time I got the battery with the question mark in it, and have got the same emblem when plugging in ever since...even with the right charger...I wonder?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I've used a charger for a blackberry on my Droids. I don't know if that would do it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Well, using the wrong charger could be an issue. Pop the battery out and take a look at it to see if it is deformed at all...more than likely it isnt. There could be internal damage to the actual charging circuitry though depending on what the rated miliamps were coming out of that charger.

If all looks good, pop the battery back in, and just plug the phone into the wall charger and leave it alone for 1 hour...dont try to turn it on...just leave it be for an hour...then try to boot it back up...

OP
T

timmerz

Reaction score
Took it over to Verizon, and they couldn't get it to charge either...popped a new batt in for me, charges like crazy, I'm on my way! No telling when the bugger happened, might have been me putting the wrong charger on it, with the same exact numbers on the cord and the wall plug, might just have been bad from the factory....but if you get the emblem of a battery mid-screen with a question mark in the middle of it, you're not charging...go get it checked-out!
Thanks for all the responses, everybody!
Tim