My phone randomly powers off despite full battery

liguy257

Reaction score
wtf... two or three times this week I've looked at my phone to find it completly off. It won't even turn on when I hold down the power button, I have to phsyically remove the battery and put it, then it turns on.

Why would a phone with a full battery power itself off? I think I'm gonna have to get the insurance on this thing just incase something crazy goes wrong with it because I'm not spending another $200 on a phone.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
This has happened to me twice since I've had the phone. Not sure what caused it but it just seems to be an intermittent bug. I'm sure you can ask Verizon to replace it if you want if you're within the 30 days.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Mine has done this frequently with some previous builds I've tried. It's software I think.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not normal for a Droid to need a battery pull. I suggest a hard factory reset and then see how it performs without any apps.

One question. Are you using a task killer? If so get rid of it. They are not necessary and can cause problems. Antivirus can also cause issues.

beleau

Reaction score
Man I've been having this issue for a couple weeks now and its driving me nuts trying to figure it out.

hacku

Reaction score
I never had this issue with my original Droid. The only problem my original Droid had was with the actual phone app.

I got a replacement Droid, phone app works fine now, but it chooses to randomly shut down. Won't power back up with the power/sleep button. I too have to do a battery pull to get it to power up again... :(

Rrudzi

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I will put the charger on at nite and unplug it, some mornings, led is red with 15% battery power. I then power down and remove and reinstall the battery and have 100% power. ???????????

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Although occasional shutdowns are not uncommon (mine has done so perhaps 3-4 times in five months), if you are experiencing the problem frequently (and several times in a week is frequent), it's at least possible that you have a hardware problem.

The most obvious candidate would be a bad connection between the battery and the phone or a malfunctioning battery.

beleau

Reaction score
I personally don't think that is the case, at least for me. This is why, when it happens, I've had the notification led still blinking. However I have to pull the bat to wake up. Also, once it happened and while it was still "asleep" I called my phone and it still wouldn't wake. My sleep profile was set to 400 min. Now Ive turned off the sleep profile to see if that has any effect.