How many replacement phones is too many?

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
I was on my 3rd Droid 1 and ordered a 4th because everything the CSR's did to fix it did not work. I received calls but they never rang or went straight to voicemail, some didn't even come through. When the "Certified" replacement came it was broken! At this point I was very upset, & finally got a supervisor on the phone. After explaining that I had purchased a "brand new device @ top price" & had been given 3 refurbished broken. I asked this excellent supervisor the exact same question, with no real answer, but I did get advice on how to fix my problem go into the Verizon store and have them install the upgraded software from their system, low and behold it worked! But the funny thing is, this #3 phone feels like my 1st brand new one...I love it! (Oh & if the update did not work they would work with me to replace it with a New phone, as I also told them my dissappointment with the release of 4 new Droids right after I bought mine.)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
E

EatChex89

Reaction score
I'm not lying blame, but simply asking a question.

Are you sure it's not something you're doing that's causing all these headset jacks to come off the main board? I used to work as a technician for Motorola, and according to Motorola, a "loose headset jack" is not something that is covered under warranty because it's caused by the user. Basically, it doesn't just happen from ordinary use.

Once again, I'm not lying the blame on anyone, but simply asking a question.

I don't see how it could be something I'm doing. I simply plug my headphones in and pull them out. I don't try to loosen the jack or anything. This problem isn't isolated to me, you can google it and find other users who have the same problem with their headphone jack.

I actually found an article (can't find it at the moment...) that tore apart the Motorola Droid and found that the jack was actually just resting on top of the circuit board instead of being soldered to it (like the iPhone/iPod, etc). I have and do own other mp3 players including the iPod and Sansa, and I never had that problem.

It gets so bad that, like I believe I had mentioned, the slightest movement to the jack (like if the device is in my pocket and it moves around inside the pocket) will cause the music to either scratch, start the media player, or pause whatever media is playing (it thinks the jack got pulled out).

It gets annoying.