Droid is running very slow...

showtime2k

Reaction score
Really getting on my nerves, it's slow doing just about everything....I've filtered apps, don't have any task managers running, have minimal widgets, also i'm not rooted nor do I have any home replacement apps currently installed. I don't think a single app caused it to run slow and I have too many to go 1 by 1 to test it.

I just want to reset it back to factory default...heck, i'll prob root it after that. Anyone have the instructions to reset it back to factory default?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Really getting on my nerves, it's slow doing just about everything....I've filtered apps, don't have any task managers running, have minimal widgets, also i'm not rooted nor do I have any home replacement apps currently installed. I don't think a single app caused it to run slow and I have too many to go 1 by 1 to test it.

I just want to reset it back to factory default...heck, i'll prob root it after that. Anyone have the instructions to reset it back to factory default?

Setting: privacy: factory data reset.

Have you checked you running services to see if something got stuck running?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Use TasKiller to blow away those applications that are still running in the background even after you've exited out of them. Also you could try clearing the cached data if you haven't already. Just go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, press the menu key and choose All, then look at each app one by one, taking note of which ones have clearable cached data, and get rid of it. The browser tends to create about 6MB worth, the Market, 1-2MB, and YouTube will vary based on how much you use it.

Mine isn't rooted and I don't have any problems with slowdown...

OP
S

showtime2k

Reaction score
Yea, I checked cache and background services, still not sure what's going on.

Sometimes I go to my txt msgs and it shows the picture of one person in the tread of another, just cooky stuff like that. I'll try the reset though, thanks.

Geofferson

Reaction score
Dumb question, but does a factory reset wipe the phone clean of all data (apps, contacts, etc)?

SaMav

Reaction score
Same problem

I am having the same problem. Especially about pulling my messaging up. It will sometimes have the same picture for several of my contacts. Its just taking a while to load. It used to be really fast...