Droid insurance

jeebuss1

Reaction score
This question is for the people who have their phone covered under their personal possession insurance. State farm will cover my droid under a PPI insurance policy but they want a printed document stating what the replacement value of the would be, phone serial number and just a general description of the phone. Any advice on the best place to get this information?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
This question is for the people who have their phone covered under their personal possession insurance. State farm will cover my droid under a PPI insurance policy but they want a printed document stating what the replacement value of the would be, phone serial number and just a general description of the phone. Any advice on the best place to get this information?

When I insured my Breitling watch I have to bring the original sales receipt in along with the watch to my local agent.

Serial of the phone is on the box as well the receipt.

OP
J

jeebuss1

Reaction score
The problem is that the receipt doesn't show the replacement value of the phone. They also want all of this information on verizon letterhead.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a deductible and if you file a claim are you certain you won't be surcharged for the next 3 years on your homeowners insurance?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there a deductible and if you file a claim are you certain you won't be surcharged for the next 3 years on your homeowners insurance?

True, you should think about that aspect of it....Good point Vulcan.

The only reason I insured my watch with State Farm is that the wife would kill me if anything happened to it....$6k replacement :icon_eek:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Go to Verizon.com and bring up the Droid page. Select “Month to Month” pricing. Print that page. It will show the phone cost as $560.00. It will have the relevant website info on it and Verizon at the top. Write your serial number on the printed form.

Otherwise, go to the store and ask for a written quote on a Month to Month deal on the Droid. Attach the quote to a sales brochure for the Droid and write your serial number on the quote.

FSTTYMS

Reaction score
Why don't you just use the regular insurance through Verizon?? One of the big reasons ATT and their Iphone sucks ass, they don't offer insurance.

thelion

Reaction score
It is often substantially cheaper to insure privately - as long as you understand the consequences of filing a claim.

OP
J

jeebuss1

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I bought my droid at bestbuy and there insurance is costing me $15 per month, kinda steep in retrospect. I will give the "premium increase after claim" some thought though.