Droid Incredible Low light photo Quality?

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
For those of you that have the incredible how well does the camera work? my droids camera takes good pics in optimum lighting conditions, but in anything less that perfect light the camera is subpar. How does the camera work in different lighting conditions on the incredible, especially in low light where there is a little movement?

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
i took a pic in the dark and it came out very nice.. the flash worked well. ill upload it in a few.

i like the camera and its app to use it much better than the D.. lots of setting to fiddle with.

theguy386

Reaction score
Incredible > Droid x10

Had the Droid since the release date and I was never pleased with the picture quality in low-light scenarios. So Got my Incredible yesterday and decided to start taking low-light pictures just to test (with flash, with no flash, less light, more light, etc.)

I have to say; not only is the default camera application much nicer to use on the Incredible, but the picture quality blows the Droid out of the water, in BOTH low-light and good-light conditions

I would post pics to compare... but my current Droid is without an SD card... hhmmm, I wonder where those 16gb went :D

THE WITCH

Reaction score
I have just started playing with the camera. This 8 megapixel camera has all the settings of a high quality camera. For a very low light scene, then you can set the camera to the highest ISO setting which is an amazing 1250. You have ISO auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, and 1250. Also, you have contrast, sharp, bright, saturation, sepia, grayscale, negative, polarize, posterize, and solarize.

The camera is set to auto when you receive the HTC, you can set the camera's to your needs. I will try to take some nice pics and post them. :)

theguy386

Reaction score
I have just started playing with the camera. This 8 megapixel camera has all the settings of a high quality camera. For a very low light scene, then you can set the camera to the highest ISO setting which is an amazing 1250. You have ISO auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, and 1250. Also, you have contrast, sharp, bright, saturation, sepia, grayscale, negative, polarize, posterize, and solarize.

The camera is set to auto when you receive the HTC, you can set the camera's to your needs. I will try to take some nice pics and post them. :)

not much of a camera guy... but... what is the difference in the ISO? or should I say what is an ISO?

THE WITCH

Reaction score
The Guy,

The ISO measures the speed of light. In the bright sun, you can use ISO 100 and in the darkest settings without flash, you can try ISO 1250. I am still experimenting myself. When using a high ISO of 800 or 1250, you may need a tripod for proper focus or a docking stand.

I need to read some sites on photography myself. Here is one I am reading on ISO.

What is ISO on your digital camera, how to use ISO settings

Oh, when using the flash, that is really using a lot of your battery., ouch. I am going to buy a spare battery, like right now ! :icon_eek:

Last edited:
OP
S

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
Does anyone have any low light photos to post yet?

Last edited:

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
here is darn near pitch dark (tv on in the background)

Large:
4570687864_7e8fe44051_b.jpg

Medium:
4570687864_7e8fe44051.jpg

here is daytime

4569806348_588c51d491_b.jpg

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
It does awesome for me even in completely dark rooms. I love this camera.