Droid photo quality?

jnd121

Reaction score
This camera (or software that runs the camera) is of horrible quality! I came from an enV Touch and that took fantastic pictures compared to this phone. Hopefully there will be an update to fix this in the near future.

Logan3824

Reaction score
This camera (or software that runs the camera) is of horrible quality! I came from an enV Touch and that took fantastic pictures compared to this phone. Hopefully there will be an update to fix this in the near future.

It's a software issue...They will be fixing it in 2.1, for now just wait. You can use some apps that might help.. I heard camera magic helps.

cosmonaut

Reaction score
Well photography is a huge hobby of mine and I agree with one thing, don't get a phone for the camera. Image quality starts with the lens. You will never, probably, get a super great lens on a phone. The sensor on the other end is also the next element. The smaller the sensor the worse image quality you have. But that is going to improve with technology.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well photography is a huge hobby of mine and I agree with one thing, don't get a phone for the camera. Image quality starts with the lens. You will never, probably, get a super great lens on a phone. The sensor on the other end is also the next element. The smaller the sensor the worse image quality you have. But that is going to improve with technology.

Well said. I know nothing about photography, but I do know that you can't expect a phone to be as good as a camera.

Besides I happen to think the Droid does do a good job taking pictures. But like I said I know nothing about photography. The picture of my avatar was taken with my Blackberry Storm.

mjs31

Reaction score

I am as well with my Canon 7D and agree with everything you have said. However, it is still a fact that this camera is on the lower end of many phone cameras. I am hoping this can get fixed. I am not expecting 7D results, but rather results on par with other phones cameras.

Silver Member
Reaction score
i don't get why these threads keep popping up. the DROID's camera is the same as any other crappy p&s camera i've ever used. take a pic, wait for results, repeat.

i think the DROID does fine taking pictures in most any situation. you just can't move the phone until the picture has been taken.

MonDec14142357AmericaNew_York2009.jpg

2009-11-13220030.jpg