Droid 2 picture quality is poor

jubylives

Reaction score
It says it has a 5MP camera but the 2MP on my old Envi2 blows this one out of the water. It stays grainy in low light and outside in the sun. Changing the settings makes no difference to the quality. The camcorder produces the same poor quality and it will not focus although it seems it is trying to do something as the screen changes slightly. The lens is clean. Any ideas how I can get better quality then this?

Jeremy

FillTheVoid

Reaction score
You might try some camera apps from the market. I use fx camera alot. Cool filters.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the same complaint coming from an Env Touch. Installed Camera Zoom FX and have been extremely happy since.

OP
J

jubylives

Reaction score
Ok but it worked fine when I first got it. The lens is clean. I really dont want to pay for an app when my phone should work. Maybe I should just take it in and have them look at it?

DroidGrinder

Reaction score
Use some photo apps, but droid 2 only has 5 mpx camera, droid incredible and X have cool mpx cameras, will find out about that for sho soon

MissSpiffy

Reaction score
Well first of all, I'm sad to inform you that the Droid 2 isn't the best at low-light and indoor pictures, I know from....experience. However, if you are still experiencing the problems outdoors, I suggest taking the phone into Verizon so they can take a look at the pictures and play around with it, because most likely they can tell in one look if you are just being too picky, or there is a problem. Make sure that all the settings are default, EG you don't have Exposure too low or high, brightness, contrast, etc.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid 2 takes pictures just fine. OP, do you know how to access the settings? Many people don't realize that you need to swipe on the glass to see the settings. Set your camera up correctly, you'll get a decent picture.

Now I'll admit I've seen better quality digital cameras, but for my purposes it works fine. Somebody had to show me how to do it, so I'm just passing the word on.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I prefer to not use the widescreen mode, I believe the phone will just stretch the image and draw more pixels horizontally. Difference from normal 5MP and WS is speculative.