Droid Incredible Gingerbread OTA Update Leaked & Available

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
dinc.jpg

The Droid Incredible community has been patiently waiting for the update to Gingerbread, and now the wait is over. The guys at Androidpolice have gotten their hands on the Droid Incredible final and official Gingerbread update, and have made the file available for download. This update brings some great changes along with the upgrade to Gingerbread:

• MMS Messages send correctly
  • Successfully play audio files from a message
  • Send Vcard through SMS
  • Internet connections via Bluetooth now enabled
  • VZ Navigator now operates over Wi-Fi
  • Change songs in the Music widget by tapping the forward button
  • Camera functions successfully without inserting SD card
Download the file in the source link, and return and tell us your update experience.
Via: Androidpolice

Last edited by a moderator:

skennelly

Reaction score
There may be a simple explanation that I am over looking, but is it really necessary to have navigation work over wifi?

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Skennelly,

Maybe for a plane, train or cruise ship just to follow your course? Dunno, not like you would need turn by turn for any of these :) But the better question about it does anyone use VZ Nav?

Craig

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
There may be a simple explanation that I am over looking, but is it really necessary to have navigation work over wifi?

Well lets say you are hang'n out in a 100 bedroom house. It may come in handy if you needed to find the kitchen!

ta8218

Reaction score
Skennelly,

Maybe for a plane, train or cruise ship just to follow your course? Dunno, not like you would need turn by turn for any of these :) But the better question about it does anyone use VZ Nav?

Craig

Because you can get your directions in a non-service area, then go on your way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

riko540

Reaction score
From what I read if we flash this we will lose our root ability. I think I'll wait just a little longer and see if this version can be rooted easily.

paulhusker

Reaction score
From what I read if we flash this we will lose our root ability. I think I'll wait just a little longer and see if this version can be rooted easily.

To further riko's point: Some of us have gone in and removed or edited the DUN to get free 3G mobile hotspot. Will this update put the phone back to its original status and prevent us from using this trick after the update?

Will Verizon charge us if we use the internet connection thru Bluetooth on this update? Or will it be free like when people use pdanet?

Thanks!

mach330

Reaction score
i'll wait for a rom with this. i hope they can fix the wifi tether (assuming that this gingerbread will prevent that like the dx did).

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Some of us have gone in and removed or edited the DUN to get free 3G mobile hotspot. Will this update put the phone back to its original status and prevent us from using this trick after the update?

I certainly don't know for sure, but my assumption would be that since this is an official OTA leak, you'll lose your free mobile hotspot just as you'll lose root.

riko540

Reaction score
I certainly don't know for sure, but my assumption would be that since this is an official OTA leak, you'll lose your free mobile hotspot just as you'll lose root.

Agreed from what it sounds the phone will be returned to an unrooted state and anything that requires the phone to be rooted will be rendered useless or removed.