droid in bootloop after sbf...

ath2424

Reaction score
just got done with the sbf process and now my phone is stuck in a bootloop.

any suggestions?

en28so

Reaction score
What model do you have?

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

en28so

Reaction score
I ask because that happened to me with my droid X. I see you have an original Droid. Well what worked for me(through tips from the forums of course), was to go the stock recovery and hit factory reset, and also wipe data.

Droid X rooted with z4root and running DarkSlide V4.2 underclocked ( to save battery)

Matthewop

Reaction score
hehe that's so great. Actutally i met the same problem with you before!

en28so

Reaction score
Bootloops drive everybody crazy. It's happened to me twice with my X. One while switching between roms ( had to sbf to stock), and one after sbf. But with all the master droids in here, it's all good.

Reaction score
Guys, they bootloop generally because your cache reads as a different system version than the SBF file (i.e., you've gotten the latest update). 99% of the time, clearing the cache (which you can do BEFORE you SBF) takes care of the bootloop issue. At least, that's what I've found (I've done it 5 or 6 times so far, and it's worked 100% of the time, but I have to leave room for outliers haha).

en28so

Reaction score
Guys, they bootloop generally because your cache reads as a different system version than the SBF file (i.e., you've gotten the latest update). 99% of the time, clearing the cache (which you can do BEFORE you SBF) takes care of the bootloop issue. At least, that's what I've found (I've done it 5 or 6 times so far, and it's worked 100% of the time, but I have to leave room for outliers haha).
Well actually I got into a bootloop while flashing a rom and I did clear the cache, but I still got stuck.

Reaction score
Well actually I got into a bootloop while flashing a rom and I did clear the cache, but I still got stuck.

He asked why he was bootlooping after an SBF, and I answered his question... your experience with a bootloop after flashing a ROM is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

en28so

Reaction score

He asked why he was bootlooping after an SBF, and I answered his question... your experience with a bootloop after flashing a ROM is completely irrelevant to the discussion.
Oh ok, my bad.