Droid image editor that works with full resolution?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
The droid's camera is capable of taking a 5MP image (2592 x 1936 pixels), but none of the android photo editors I've used can work with files that size. They all scale down the file. The largest size I'm able to get is from PicSay Pro, and it only produces a max size of 1026 x 766. The native 5MP image is good enough for an 8"x10" print, but the android editors scale it down to less than a 1MP file, that's not even good enough for a 4"x3" print.

Does anyone know of an image editor for Android that will preserve the original resolution of the source file? I just discovered a camera/editor app called Vignette in the marketplace, but I haven't downloaded or purchased it yet. Has anyone tried that?

Thanks.

griz8791

Reaction score
I hope you won't take this as an attempt to hijack your thread, but I wish there was a way to increase contrast BEFORE taking the photo. In my experience the default settings on almost all digital cameras, even the DSLRs, are too flat. Either you fix this in post or you figure out how to set up the camera to give you the contrast you want. I don't want to radically reprogram my Droid's camera but I do wish there was a way to get a little steeper contrast curve out of it.