Photo Editor/ Camera Apps that work in high resolution?

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I'm interested in a feature-rich photo editor for the Droid that will allow me to tweak exposure, contrast, white balance, saturation, and to apply filter effects. I want to be able to use the edited photos for online sharing (email, blogs, FlickR, Facebook, etc.) as well as to have occassional prints made.

I tried Photoshop mobile, but it's horrible. The editing features are limited, the UI is bad, and I believe it only produces low resolution images.

I've tried the free version of PicSay, and it's absolutely wonderful. The UI is great, the app is speedy, and the editing features are superb. Unfortunately, the free version only produces low resolution images. From what I can tell, the Pro version contains nearly all of the editing features that I want, but it only produces images with a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768. That's fine for web and on-screen use, but not enough for good prints. I'm hoping that someone can verify whether this max resolution is correct.

I also found two camera apps that incorporate post-processing features. These apps are Camera ZOOM FX and PRO Zoom Camera 5X. Can anyone confirm whether these two programs allow me to retain the maximum resolution tha the droid camera is capable of producing?

By the way, the droid is capable of taking photos with a resolution of up to 2592 x 1936 pixels. That's enough for a good 4" x 6" print (at 300 dpi) and even an adequate 8" x 10" print (at 240 dpi). However, that resolution is only available when you're zoomed all the way out. As you zoom in the resolution gradually decrease to 640 x 480 (zoomed all the way in). I believe that decrease is due to the fact that the droid's digital zoom uses a smaller portion of the sensor, thus, resulting in fewer pixels. Essentially, digital zoom is the equivalent of cropping the image; it's not really zooming in at all (the way optical zoom does).