Mine?
No sms sound per contact.
No question mark on the slide up qwerty keyboard
No vibration customization
:blackberry:

When's the software upgrade? :)

sir

Reaction score
by no ? on the slide up qwerty, which one are you referring to? physical keyboard has it as a default key (no alt) next to the enter key, and the virtual keyboards have it when you press the (123) button to get to symbols.

if you download handcent SMS you'll get the ability to customize some vibrations for SMS notifications. but yes, there is not a lot of customization for individual contacts for anything other than a phonecall. but there are most likely few phones that provide that amount of granularity.

my only gripe is the lack of Cisco VPN support when requiring group name and password, and everything else that's a problem i can see fixes for so i'm not too worried about them (camera, echo, static, etc.)

TomN

Reaction score
Let's see...

Power button is too small for my fat fingers
Keyboard is tough to type on, although I am getting faster at it.
Battery cover could have a more secure latch.
SD card in a better location.

OP
Troy

Troy

Reaction score
oops, i'm a tard... just found the ?. now... how about sms/mms ringtones!

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
Download missed call and all of these gripes will be gone. You can set any notification/ringtone for anyone. :D

novacane

Reaction score
I noticed that mine seems to slide open slightly in my pocket sometimes. Not enough to turn it on, but I'd rather keep it locked in place.

mapexvenus

Reaction score
1. Ridiculously poor implementation of copy / paste
2. Battery hatch falls off frequently
3. Inconsistent implementation of zoom feature - doesn't always work
4. Inconsistent implementation of lock screen / sleep
5. Lousy keyboard

Retribution

Reaction score
my only real gripe is as someone already mentioned is the it sliding partially open in my pocket, if this is a common thing please let me know otherwise I may trade it in for a droid with a tighter slide mechanism, just seems way to easy now.

the battery door was a easy fix for me I bent the door slightly in the center notice the "lip" that locks into place) it made it a tighter fit and the battery door doesnt come off easily anymore.

88Droid

Reaction score
mine?
no sms sound per contact.
no question mark on the slide up qwerty keyboard
no vibration customization
:blackberry:

When's the software upgrade? :)

sms popup app. Just came available, try that out...... :)

CharlieDog

Reaction score
The charger cord is too short! And for some reason, my friends aren't getting my MMS messages?

mcb

Reaction score
Lost both phone and network access tonight. Had to power the Droid down a couple of times to get them back.

Don't care for the vibrate when I unlock the screen. An option to turn that on or off would be nice. Or is there an app for that?

callado4

Reaction score
Lost both phone and network access tonight. Had to power the Droid down a couple of times to get them back.

Don't care for the vibrate when I unlock the screen. An option to turn that on or off would be nice. Or is there an app for that?

Mine doesn't vibrate when I unlock, but I turned off haptic feedback completely I don't really like it.

Here are my gripes:

• This one is pretty annoying: It is uncomfortable to unlock using one one hand when the screen is off.
    • There is only one button which will turn the screen on, the lock/power button which is small and not easy to reach on the top of the phone when holding it using only one hand, maybe if the side buttons could also turn it on that would be helpful. Right now you have to reach up and click the unlock key, then move your hand down to unlock the screen.
  • When you have your screen locked and you slide up the keyboard, it should automatically unlock -- there is no need to go through the extra motion to swipe to unlock (or at least provide a setting/option for those of us who want it to work this way)
  • No real keys for talk and end. When you want to make a phone call it's a very tedious process. Unlock screen or go to home, then find your phone icon, then click on the contacts or favorites tab or call log, then select the number. A real talk key would be very helpful with re-dail or previous history, along with a trackball.
  • I'm also not too fond of the touch only buttons we have, many times I accidentally trigger the search button when I am holding my phone in landscape mode.
  • Like the blackberry, we should be able to use any of the keys as a shortcut (by holding it) to either call somebody or for an application or other function.
  • The keyboard sucks to me, I liked the one on my blackberry curve a lot better. Having it really centered would probably help, and if you had a trackball (or optical trackpad) you wouldn't need the d-pad.
  • Instead of having the two empty buttons on the keyboard, it would have been better to just make the space bigger by two keys, it would help in typing.
  • Sometimes the automatic re-orientation from landscape to portrait doesn't happen and I have to open or close the keyboard to make it work (I have seen it not wanna go to landscape and when I trigged it by sliding up the keyboard, it would go back to portrait when I slid the keyboard down even though I was still holding the phone in landscape mode).
I have other gripes too, but I'll leave it at that for now. When I remember the other ones I will come back.

I do really like the Android platform though and I like how the display looks and how the screen feels, but there is definitely room for improvement.