Droid GPS issues?

IanG

Reaction score
What a terrible headline. The Consumerist always uses harsh and direct headlines to catch the attention of it's readers, but then in the actual article it's not as bad as the headline makes it out to be.

OP
R

rage151

Reaction score
What a terrible headline. The Consumerist always uses harsh and direct headlines to catch the attention of it's readers, but then in the actual article it's not as bad as the headline makes it out to be.
Yeah, it is like they have to be all dramatic to pull people in. They are no Consumer Reports...

LS&N

Reaction score
What app are you guys using with gps?

I use GPS Anywhere and have to shut my phone all way off and turn back on before gps will work after each use or it is goofy

Once I was on a roof getting location when it displayed I was somewhere hundreds of miles north east of me and I was traveling 54 MPH, on the roof

eliassami5

Reaction score
What app are you guys using with gps?

I use GPS Anywhere and have to shut my phone all way off and turn back on before gps will work after each use or it is goofy

Once I was on a roof getting location when it displayed I was somewhere hundreds of miles north east of me and I was traveling 54 MPH, on the roof

im gonna speak for all of us and say that we use the stock Google Navigation that came with the phone......why the hell would you use an app from the market?

LS&N

Reaction score
In my work, it is necessary to capture my location in a particular format
And in the case of one product it needs to be accurate to within 40'
Thanks for asking...

dan j

Reaction score
Thanks for asking...

If you need to do this for work, and the app you're using isn't working as expected, maybe you should rely on a device made for your line of work. If it's "necessary" then I'm sure your company has a device.

LS&N

Reaction score
Thanks for asking...

If you need to do this for work, and the app you're using isn't working as expected, maybe you should rely on a device made for your line of work. If it's "necessary" then I'm sure your company has a device.

Thanks for your advice
Seems I may have selected a thread that may not yield the advice I was looking for

Reason I asked what app folks were using is I am on look out for one that doesn't have the 'bugs' I have experienced with current app which is otherwise a very good one and just as accurate as my Garmin

I do have a hand held gps but prefer to use my phone if I can find an option that works a tad better
I don't get paid by the hour and the more efficient I am, the more profitable I am

I tend to view/use my electronic gizmos as a tools rather than a toys...

WVOz1970

Reaction score
I use stock GMaps for now. I had a copy of CoPilot live on my old WinMo phone. The benefit there is having all the maps ON the phone so you can use GPS even without data access.

If you need to capture location, try out "My Tracks" from the Market. It works in conjunction with GMaps and tracks your travels.