gps bliss- finally!!!

CBLJazz

Reaction score
I've posted several threads expressing frustration at gnav and the droid gps and through that found posts by several members that stated the issue could be bad aps which use gps- well upon further research i found the culprit.

I wish all of the bad apps were weather or news or topical but they aren't.
The only commonality appears to be their use of our droid's gps.

My bad app was ap news- it's a news app which uses location (I hope that this is the issue) . I also deleted other apps i wasn't using.

resolution- i went outside and found my location and found a gps signal immediately.

If you're having droid gps/ gnav issues, check your apps.

Last edited:

brochaos

Reaction score
lucky...i'm still trying to find my culprit. i don't use AP news either. i think it might be one of my weather ones, but i'm not sure. such a hassle trying to track it down. especially when you don't want to remove the stuff you already have setup and running.

i wonder if this will be addressed with software update at some point. there has to be a better way to solve gps conflicts.

I've posted several thread expressing frustration at gnav and the droid gps and through that found posts by several members thaat stated the issue could be bad aps which use gps- well upon further research i found the culprit.

My bad app was ap news- it's a news app which uses location (I hope that this is the issue) . I also deleted other apps i wasn't using.

resolution- i went outside and my found found my location and found a gps signal immediately.

butch350

Reaction score
lucky...i'm still trying to find my culprit. i don't use AP news either. i think it might be one of my weather ones, but i'm not sure. such a hassle trying to track it down. especially when you don't want to remove the stuff you already have setup and running.

i wonder if this will be addressed with software update at some point. there has to be a better way to solve gps conflicts.

I've posted several thread expressing frustration at gnav and the droid gps and through that found posts by several members thaat stated the issue could be bad aps which use gps- well upon further research i found the culprit.

resolution- i went outside and my found found my location and found a gps signal immediately.

If any of your weather apps provides you a location based forecast then it must be using some type of location finder, (wireless network or GPS).