GPS Died

Erich_F

Reaction score
Just a note for the record. I got my Droid on Wednesday, and I absolutely love it! However, on Thursday, my GPS just died for some reason. It would not regain a fix at all, despite receiving up to 8 sats. All I did was walk into a Best Buy...wonder if there's anything to that?

Verizon exchanged the Droid without question, and got me all squared away. I found out through this process that when VZW clones your Droid to a new one, all your apps and contacts go with it, but your home screens are default.

Anyone else encounter a GPS failure on their Droid? BTW, I used the "Tricorder" app to monitor the GPS receiver. It has a screen that's similar to a handheld GPS unit's Satellite Screen. It's a great little app for checking all the sensors on the Droid, including the accelerometers.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
The search button is your friend. Unfortunately there are multiple threads on GPS problems.

Droider

Reaction score
Your contacts are synced to the Gmail account that your phone is activated under. It also will remember which market apps were installed. When you get a new Android phone and activate it with the same gmail account, it will automatically sync the same calendar/contacts/email and it will automatically install the same market apps.