Droid Fighter/Droid RAZR HD Maybe Coming Soon; Shows Up in Cellebrite Database

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
sargentmajord said:
Lol i would havs to search all over the web to find the source this is about 3 months of research an widling out fact from fiction but ill try plus it was released in china 2 weeks ago with 3 variations an full specs droid life posted about that one

Plus its TI top chipset right now compared to the 4460 the 4460 only provides a slight bump thats really not worth dishing out the extra dough its like upgrading to the same size flat screen for the extra hdmi cables an buttons so to speak not worth doing

nygrich

Reaction score
So after reading all this good info, what would u pick sgs3 or razr hd. Im a big moto fan but am leaning towards the s3 i think

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So after reading all this good info, what would u pick sgs3 or razr hd. Im a big moto fan but am leaning towards the s3 i think

I would wait for them to both come out and test them side by side.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would wait for them to both come out and test them side by side.

Agreed.. ... for me though, as soon as the vanquish drops, I'll be grabbing it. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hope they dont take a step back with this variant of the screen going to bionic and d3 look where pentile basically showed itself.

Caesars

Reaction score
Both those devices will most likely be amazing, personally if they can keep the HD thin with a 3k mah battery it would be hard not to take.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
As always....reading and thinking has me waffling....lol. Me getting this or the Maxx depends on a few things:

Is battery life gonna be better than the Maxx. The newer, different chip might bring better battery life.

As much as I like the RAZR's screen....I liked the G Nex's better. Not so much that it was a problem tho. I do have an upgrade on a family plan available. I can use it then just activate it on my unlimited data line.

Need to read up on the G Nex and ICS. I am getting more and more irritated with capacitive buttons. I really want hard ones again like on my DX1. Unless the buttons on ICS get out of the way when playing games. Tired of accidental presses.

What features will come with this new phone. The One X and GS3 upped the feature game. And if those feature will be available on the Maxx once it gets ICS.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As always....reading and thinking has me waffling....lol. Me getting this or the Maxx depends on a few things:

Is battery life gonna be better than the Maxx. The newer, different chip might bring better battery life.

As much as I like the RAZR's screen....I liked the G Nex's better. Not so much that it was a problem tho. I do have an upgrade on a family plan available. I can use it then just activate it on my unlimited data line.

Need to read up on the G Nex and ICS. I am getting more and more irritated with capacitive buttons. I really want hard ones again like on my DX1. Unless the buttons on ICS get out of the way when playing games. Tired of accidental presses.

What features will come with this new phone. The One X and GS3 upped the feature game. And if those feature will be available on the Maxx once it gets ICS.

If you gonna get the nexus I would recommend getting one off swappa or ebay just for play. That way you do not waste an update. You have the rezound so you might see if you can do a one for one trade as well.

Serial Fordicator

Reaction score
Its sporting a 4430 omap chipset with a the 200 mhz bump that the razr/maxx/ D4 has no snap dragon this time

Its using the qualcomm krait per Motorola employee verification.

The razr screen is pentile amoled as it exists now iirc.

Last edited:

hotice

Reaction score
I agree, no way it is an OMAP, especially a 4430. All info I've seen on the Fighter/Razr HD/Vanquish has said it will be a Snapdragon S4 which makes more sense since it's a much better processor. Cortex A15 vs only A9, 28nm vs only 45nm, newer, faster Adreno 225 or (hopefully) 320 GPU. I'll take an A4 over the other options right now any day for a phone!!!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
hotice said:
I agree, no way it is an OMAP, especially a 4430. All info I've seen on the Fighter/Razr HD/Vanquish has said it will be a Snapdragon S4 which makes more sense since it's a much better processor. Cortex A15 vs only A9, 28nm vs only 45nm, newer, faster Adreno 225 or (hopefully) 320 GPU. I'll take an A4 over the other options right now any day for a phone!!!

it was unveiled in china an the specs stats its omap 1430 plus the 1430 is TIs latest chipset next to the 4460 which is not worth the upgrade they are also working on a new chipset that will be available before the end of the yr i know everyone wants a snap dragon chipset but moto just doesnt want to jump ship on TI an the snap dragon was just a rumored spec it was never confirmed unfortunately

hotice

Reaction score

Yes, it will have better battery life than the Maxx - 28nm to 45nm - no contest.
I'm expecting Moto will go with an LCD but they could choose OLED because it allows them to make a thinner phone. Generally speaking LCD displays tend to give better battery life but we'll have to see how things are when it ships.

As far as Moto vs HTC vs Samsung...Samsung is very slow to update their phones and doesn't like MicroHDMI for some reason. Sometimes they also don't put a notification LED on a phone which is just stupid. HTC often doesn't even give you a MicroSDHC slot and tends to have smaller batteries and/or worse battery life than everyone else. They don't often have MicroHDMI either. Moto generally has good battery life, great radio's, MicroSDHC, and MicroHDMI. If you hate Blur don't get a Moto. If you hate TouchWiz don't get a Samsung. Most people really like the new HTC Sense interface. Of course there is the whole device locking and custom rom thing in which Moto usually comes in last. So take your pick!
Right now I'm leaning towards a high end device from Moto which I'm hoping means S4 w/ Adreno 320, 2GB of RAM, 3300mAH battery, 4.5-4.7" 720p LCD (SLCD 2, IPS, Nova, something good), MicroSDHC (XC would be nice), and MicroHDMI. I also like the design of the material choices of the Razr as well as the waterproof nano-coating moto is using. I wouldn't mind an OLED if it's really bright and doesn't drain the battery but from what I've seen a good LCD is always brighter and seems to use less power than OLED - I don't care if it's SAMOLED Advanced Plus 2 Extra Awesomeness Pro. Actually, I'm more concerned about brightness and battery life than if it's PenTile or not.

hotice

Reaction score
it was unveiled in china an the specs stats its omap 1430 plus the 1430 is TIs latest chipset next to the 4460 which is not worth the upgrade they are also working on a new chipset that will be available before the end of the yr i know everyone wants a snap dragon chipset but moto just doesnt want to jump ship on TI an the snap dragon was just a rumored spec it was never confirmed unfortunately
Are you sure that's the same phone? The 4460 could actually be a big help since it has a faster clocked GPU which would be good for the 720p display. I was pretty sure there was an official Moto announcement that they were going to start using Snapdragons. I remember I was disappointed at first until I learned how much better they are right now.