Droid / Facebook / Sync Frustration

iwinuluz

Reaction score
ooookay , so this is driving me nuts. facebook will syn with my phone then it will make dupliate contact for that person. sooo i add extra needed info to the new acount that faebook has made to my contacts and i erase the old contact and then for no reason it rases the contact facebook made and i can no longer get contact synced again from facebook. i dont even know if im explaining thi correctly but if anyone knows what to do help me. what connects contacts from facebook to your contact info in your phone? im not asking how to manually sync already know that. :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

OP
iwinuluz

iwinuluz

Reaction score
hmm guess im alone on this issue

tony1208

Reaction score
same issue here,face book pretty much sucks on the droid, only app i miss on my old bb storm ,face book was awesome on it

m3kilpat

Reaction score
I had the same problem but fixed it. I believe what happened was after I did a facebook sync I got a couple duplicates. I deleted the facebook duplicate entry, turned off facebook syncing, then turned it back on. I'm pretty sure this is how I did it, but it was awhile back and I was just messing around to fix it. Everything is working fine now except that I get contacts with duplicate numbers in the one contact entry: one that I put in, such as 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx and then one for facebook (xxx.xxx.xxxx). Slight annoyance but not a real big deal.

On a side note, does anyone know if it's possible to get the facebook synced contact info to save into the gmail contact info? It would be nice to have everyone's email automatically sync to my gmail contacts so I can have it synced on my computer too.

BeanDroid

Reaction score
This has been very frustrating for me. I had to remove the accounts from my droid, match the names in my gmail contacts EXACTLY to their Facebook name, then re-sync the accounts. Still have a few problems but it is much better. Hope that helps

OP
iwinuluz

iwinuluz

Reaction score
OK i figured it out.

1) delete facebook account (remove acount)

2) reinstall facebook acount

3) enter login info

4) go to ANYONE's facebook account through their contact info on your phone

5) backout to contacts

6) backout to main screen (home screen on phone

7) go bak to contacts

8) manually sync facebook again by presing menu > accounts > facebook > menu > sync now

9) go back to contacts it should all work now. it might work without having to do AL those steps towards the end of the process but try doing everything in order.

10) just got it to work on my phone.

thekoopa

Reaction score
I'm having problems with duplicate contacts. I can't edit the person phone number on the facebook contact in my droid. I hate having two contact for people. Is there a way to combine contacts so all of there information will be on one name?

OP
iwinuluz

iwinuluz

Reaction score
I'm having problems with duplicate contacts. I can't edit the person phone number on the facebook contact in my droid. I hate having two contact for people. Is there a way to combine contacts so all of there information will be on one name?

Try using menu option to (join ) contacts see if that works

thekoopa

Reaction score
Not sure if I know what you mean. Is there a join option I'm missing?

Caindris

Reaction score
The only time I had contact duplication was when I had Facebook syncing all contacts and not just contacts I already input

Drooling4Droid

Reaction score
I am not having any problems with my FB contacts. However, I cannot get my Gmail Contacts to sync. Anyone else having this problem?

allison

Reaction score
Not sure if I know what you mean. Is there a join option I'm missing?

If you go into a contact, edit contact, then hit Menu again there will be a join option.

I had a massive amount of problems trying to sync everything up a few days ago. Wound up taking hubby's contact list (his was fine), importing it in gmail proper, then re-syncing and everything is great. Had maybe 1-2 duplicates (after cleaning up Gmail contacts), and it's been fine.

There is a lot of work that is done through Gmail contacts, though, IMO.