Droid Eris ROMs

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a list of Droid Eris ROMs. I complied the list from the following sources:

Hopefully the list will remain up to date, if you find more to add, or need to have some unsupported ROMs removed from the list, let me know.
The standard disclaimer applies:
Anything you do to your phone is by your own decision. There is always an inherent danger to flashing your phone, and irreparable damage is always a possibility. The Developers of said ROMs, host message boards of said ROMs, DroidForums, myself, or anyone else are not responsible for any damage to your phone, damage to your personal relationships, damage to the economy, the collapse of modern society, visits from the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, or anything else that might go wrong in your life. Flash these ROMs at YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!

Here is the list:
Cupcake (Android 1.5)
Retro1 ROM - A flash from the past. Flash back to cupcake (stock). 2 versions, v1 allows OTS updates, it is an easy way to flash back to stock (unrooted). v2 blocks OTA updates.

Donut (Android v1.6)

Eclair (Android v2.0/2.1)
FlashBack21 -Return to Factory StockThis ROM is intended for reverting a rooted Eris with a custom recovery to the July 2010 2.1 OTA ROM.

Evil Eris v4.0(HTC Sense UI-Android 2.1)No longer supported by devo, basically discontinued.

xtrROM Vanilla Rom
xtrSENSE xtr with full sense
ERIS LIGHTNING A Sense based ROM.

ErisLightningBolt Non-sense based ROM

ZenEXP-Eris
Droid Does

FroYo (Android v2.2)

TazzFroyo - vanilla
KaosLegend
This is a rom based on a Froyo dump from the HTC Wildfire(Previous version on a Legend dump for 2.1).
Cyanogen Tazz-By tazzpatriot

Nonsensikal-By listyb01

KaosFroyo-By punk.kaos

Buufed-By tazzpatriot

CELB Froyo-By Conap

evltwn72

Reaction score
Question

I just rooted my Eris. I got this phone from a family member to play around with because they upgraded to the X. I activated the Eris on my account today taking a break from they Moto Droid. My question is this...I have ROM Manager on my Droid, will RM and ClockworkMod Recovery work on the Eris? I think right now I'm going to stay with my stock 2.1 with root. My plan is to put 2.2 on it. Thanks for you help.

jev

Reaction score
I used rom manager on my wife's eris with no problem. I did read on XDA that some people bricked their phones using RM but it worked for me. I used it to dl shadowrom on it and it's running good. The only thing that I noticed is when I manually boot into recovery, it goes into amon ra's recovery instead of clockworkmod. I had a kernel not work right and had to do a battery pull, then I had to restore an old nandroid from amon ra's recovery, reboot, then restore my backup from rom manager.

evltwn72

Reaction score
I used rom manager on my wife's eris with no problem. I did read on XDA that some people bricked their phones using RM but it worked for me. I used it to dl shadowrom on it and it's running good. The only thing that I noticed is when I manually boot into recovery, it goes into amon ra's recovery instead of clockworkmod. I had a kernel not work right and had to do a battery pull, then I had to restore an old nandroid from amon ra's recovery, reboot, then restore my backup from rom manager.

Thanks, I have ShadowROM on my Droid and love it. I loaded ShadowROM on my Eris and at 1st it was a little laggy, but now it's working pretty well. SetCPU only puts it at like 710 max. If I try to go any higher, the phone freezes up and I have to do a battery pull. What kernel did you load into your wife's Eris? In my Droid, I have a LV 1.1ghz kernel and it runs perfect. I would like to get a higher kernel, but don't want to overheat my Eris. Also, where is a good site to find kernel listings?

Jolest

Reaction score
Correction. xtrSense is not a vanilla ROM with a sense-feel. It's a full Sense ROM. AFAIK, all of the Sense extensions; including launcher, apps, and widgets; are there and fully functional. It also has a bunch of speed and battery improvements.

OP
Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Correction. xtrSense is not a vanilla ROM with a sense-feel. It's a full Sense ROM. AFAIK, all of the Sense extensions; including launcher, apps, and widgets; are there and fully functional. It also has a bunch of speed and battery improvements.
got it, thanks!

the kid escobar

Reaction score
I need help. I only rooted my Eris, I added nothing else. I need to return the phone to verizon, what do I do?

jev

Reaction score

Thanks, I have ShadowROM on my Droid and love it. I loaded ShadowROM on my Eris and at 1st it was a little laggy, but now it's working pretty well. SetCPU only puts it at like 710 max. If I try to go any higher, the phone freezes up and I have to do a battery pull. What kernel did you load into your wife's Eris? In my Droid, I have a LV 1.1ghz kernel and it runs perfect. I would like to get a higher kernel, but don't want to overheat my Eris. Also, where is a good site to find kernel listings?

I used the kernel that came with it. I can't overclock hers over 740ish or it will freeze also. It's running really smooth and she could really care less about performance as long as everything works.

OP
Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I need help. I only rooted my Eris, I added nothing else. I need to return the phone to verizon, what do I do?
/you can either flash this rom: FlashBack21 -Return to Factory Stock
-OR-
Download and run the RUU to flash back to stock.
Shipped ROMs

Attach your phone to your computer with the USB cable, and run the RUU program in Windows. It will wipe all data from your phone and return it to the stock 2.1 software, complete with the 1.49 S-ON bootloader, the default recovery image, and no root.

Threeball

Reaction score
Thanks for getting this started Bob. Something that would be great, though maybe more work than its worth, would be to have a table of features. Something like the ROMs listed down and features across the top with checkmarks. Something to think about anyway.

Sent from my ERIS using DroidForums App

my77stang

Reaction score
Complete noob here when it comes to rooting phones and using custom roms. For us people who aren't hardcore into this stuff but just want our phones to perform better it would be great if there was something like that to show us the benefits and downfalls of each version. I tried kaos and i hated it, just put the celb on there and i'm going to see how it is.

btw to everyone working on this stuff it is greatly appreciated - keep up the good work!

my77stang

Reaction score
once you flash it and flash the google apps to it, celb seems pretty nice. phone seems faster than it did with kaos and with mild usage today the battery is down to about 20-25% after 10 hours of being unplugged.... compared to a fully dead battery after about 4 hours with kaos.

two things im not liking (and maybe someone can help me here) is the "enter" button seems to have disappeared when im pounding out txts - and shoutout (the app i like best so far for txting) doesn't seem to want to stay the default application for messaging, it keeps going back to the stock messenger.

danimal3805

Reaction score
Sweet, I went with the CELB too! It was so easy! For some reason mine won't recognize my sdcard, keeps asking me to format it. (doing that with the usb-ms tool in the recovery mode) It also won't connect via usb for some reason. I wanted to flash swype back on it. wtf?