Droid Eris help

Marlowr05

Reaction score
ok when it comes to the motorola droid I can do anything with it. I'm currently running bugless beast v1.0 and it's overclocked at 1.0GHZ. My wife has a HTC Droid Eris and i believe I upgraded it to a 2.1 leak. It doesn't seem to run all that great. Is There a way to downgrade to the 1.5 version, or can I upgrade her phone to the Official 2.1 Verizon rom for the eris.

bill d.

Reaction score
pretty sure the OTA update went out to everyone, but I stopped using my Eris last week, so i'm not sure. As far as getting her Eris to run like your droid, youre SOL. No way to downgrade right now, so root is out of the question.

OP
M

Marlowr05

Reaction score
pretty sure the OTA update went out to everyone, but I stopped using my Eris last week, so i'm not sure. As far as getting her Eris to run like your droid, youre SOL. No way to downgrade right now, so root is out of the question.

So what your saying is that I'm stuck on the leaked version of 2.1 for the eris and I'm guessing us who upgraded to the leak will not get the official 2.1 from verizon correct???

jimigood

Reaction score
No one is really sure yet. They are still sending out the ota updates tho. But you can go to leak ver3. Its the same as ota. So I have been told. I'm still on ver2, for now.

OP
M

Marlowr05

Reaction score
No one is really sure yet. They are still sending out the ota updates tho. But you can go to leak ver3. Its the same as ota. So I have been told. I'm still on ver2, for now.

Where does one find the version 3 of the droid eris 2.1???

bill d.

Reaction score
pretty sure the official 2.1 OTA update is out for the Eris? I think verizon said (semi) official on their twitter that if you upgraded to a leak, you'd still get the OTA. anyway, use Helix Launcher instead of the HTC Sense UI... free from the android marketplace, you don't lose any home screens like you would to stock home, and it runs a lot more smoothly than Sense does. hope this helps.

edit: as far as custom roms go, only if you root. which still can't be done with 2.1, although I think someone on the XDA forum is working on it right now.