Droid Bionic vs. Droid 3

Debite

Reaction score
I' going to upgrade my droid 2 very soon. I'm wondering if I should get the Droid 3 with a qwerty keyboard, dual core, but no 4G or get a Droid Bionic with 4G, dual core, and no keyboard. I like qwerty keyboards for quick texting but they're not necessary. Is 4G a noticeably major difference between the speed of the Droid 3 and the Droid Bionic? I also love to play games and watch videos on my phone will 4G and dual core kill my battery? Is the Droid Charge a better option with a 1GHz single core processor and 4G? Please tell me what you think I should do!

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I' going to upgrade my droid 2 very soon. I'm wondering if I should get the Droid 3 with a qwerty keyboard, dual core, but no 4G or get a Droid Bionic with 4G, dual core, and no keyboard. I like qwerty keyboards for quick texting but they're not necessary. Is 4G a noticeably major difference between the speed of the Droid 3 and the Droid Bionic? I also love to play games and watch videos on my phone will 4G and dual core kill my battery? Is the Droid Charge a better option with a 1GHz single core processor and 4G? Please tell me what you think I should do!

Well if your like me, I hate waiting.

I you like to play games, the Droid 3 and Bionics processor will be good for them.

The Charges, not so much.

And Dual Core processors actually give you more battery life. But 4G on the other hand, drains it fast.

So if you want 4G and great speed, i'd say wait for the Bionic.
If you want a keyboard, great speed, and good battery life, get the D3.
If you want a 4G phone right now, get the Charge.

Also keep in mind the Droid 3's screen is 4.0 inches vs the Bionic and Charge's 4.3inch.

That can be good or bad.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

I'm in just about the same situation as you (except I'm still rocking my Original Droid).

I've decided to wait until the Bionic is released (assuming it does release early August) so that I can see some impressions about battery life and get to a Verizon store and use it for myself.

I have liked the feel of the Droid3 in the limited amount of time I've spent with one at the Verizon store, but don't want to kick myself for not waiting another few weeks and miss out on something I think is better for me.

mjones73

Reaction score
I got a chance to play with a Charge at a Verizon store in Columbus, OH while I was out there last week. A quick speed test had me hitting about 5.5MB down which is an improvement over 3G. There have been reports of even higher speeds in other areas. More speed is good if you like to do things like streaming video.

So far the LTE radios have been battery killers though, time will tell how well the Bionic does on battery life.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
i say, depending on where u live, u might not need 4g. where im at, 4g is pointless and 3g + wifi = works fine for me... i upgrade in feb (maybe) and the Droid 3 and Droid Bionic are the ones that are in my mind too