Droid bionic screen

cwoms167

Reaction score
I think the resolution is good its deff not as good as the droid 3 which i believe is alot better so far the bionic is the best phone ive ever had

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Zath

Reaction score
It is definately an amazing phone upgraded from an OG DROID and this thing flies... even unrooted. The screen im sure ill get used to so far its the only real issue I have with the phone. Slow charging battery dock sucks and im only on about 3 hours moderate usage from 100% to 20% but I think that has to do with the signal swapping constantly from 3g-4g I must be right on the outskirts of a 4g area. Also my first charge so the battery isn't conditioned yet.

gsDroid

Reaction score
If your 4G is spotty and you can use 3G or wifi, go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > choose CDMA only. That will help the battery by not having to constantly switch back and forth. Remember to set it back when you need/want LTE.

jstwondrng

Reaction score
I think the resolution is really good, however, i was a bit disappointed w/watchin hd youtube vids... they were a bit grainy. Not sure if it was youtube or the bionic.

dr_jpeg

Reaction score
Can you see it well in bright daylight?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think the resolution is really good, however, i was a bit disappointed w/watchin hd youtube vids... they were a bit grainy. Not sure if it was youtube or the bionic.

Maybe you need to change your settings, but the videos I've seen are amazing...

diggy488

Reaction score
Can you see it well in bright daylight?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

My brother brought his over this evening and it's a little hard to see in daylight. The sun wasn't beaming, but there was a lot of glare too. Don't know if his brightness was adjusted too low or not. He had a screen protector that really helped reduce the glare, but took away from the sharpness of the picture.

sober

Reaction score
Does anyone else screen get that werd effect when tappng on it? Looks like a ripple or something. Most noticeable on a white background.

sk102704

Reaction score
It is definately an amazing phone upgraded from an OG DROID and this thing flies... even unrooted. The screen im sure ill get used to so far its the only real issue I have with the phone. Slow charging battery dock sucks and im only on about 3 hours moderate usage from 100% to 20% but I think that has to do with the signal swapping constantly from 3g-4g I must be right on the outskirts of a 4g area. Also my first charge so the battery isn't conditioned yet.

Huh, I'm getting awesome battery life on mine. I got about 6-7 hours of heavy heavy usage earlier and I was just watching the NFL game for about ten minutes and I have 90% battery right now. I'm on wifi though so the signal must be doing it to yours. If you're on the outskirts of 4g then you'll probably get it better soon once they start expanding your area. I live in CT and the manager at the the Vzw told me they would be expanding and having CT completely covered by the end of the year.

And as far as the screen I think its good, I do see the black lines sometimes but I think I'm noticing it less as I use it.

Zath

Reaction score
Huh, I'm getting awesome battery life on mine. I got about 6-7 hours of heavy heavy usage earlier and I was just watching the NFL game for about ten minutes and I have 90% battery right now. I'm on wifi though so the signal must be doing it to yours. If you're on the outskirts of 4g then you'll probably get it better soon once they start expanding your area. I live in CT and the manager at the the Vzw told me they would be expanding and having CT completely covered by the end of the year.

And as far as the screen I think its good, I do see the black lines sometimes but I think I'm noticing it less as I use it.

Im in ct too. Got mine in infield today. I work in the same town and that's where I get spotty 4G

sk102704

Reaction score
Im in ct too. Got mine in infield today. I work in the same town and that's where I get spotty 4G

I got mine in North Haven and there I had full bars of 4g but in Wallingford where I live it comes and goes a bit. Hopefully the guy at vzw was right about them expanding it soon.

spider210

Reaction score

black lines means defective screen. we have already had a few DOA, exchange it.

Caleab

Reaction score
Is noone else seeing/having the issue with the gorilla glass touching the actual display when you swipe down the middle of the screen?
I went to get one of these yesterday and was so disappointed I couldn't stomach getting one.
I showed the VZ rep and he was astounded. He had been selling them all day and hadn't seen it either.
Both Bionics in the VZW store did the same exact thing. If you have a Bionic, please see if this is the same for you. I guess it's possible my local store had a bad batch... but.... seriously?
I saw it mostly when I opened up "Settings" and had a white background and swiping up or down in the middle of the screen. :blink:

I've been waiting 9 months for this and well... quite disapointed.

scdown

Reaction score
Is noone else seeing/having the issue with the gorilla glass touching the actual display when you swipe down the middle of the screen?
I went to get one of these yesterday and was so disappointed I couldn't stomach getting one.
I showed the VZ rep and he was astounded. He had been selling them all day and hadn't seen it either.
Both Bionics in the VZW store did the same exact thing. If you have a Bionic, please see if this is the same for you. I guess it's possible my local store had a bad batch... but.... seriously?
I saw it mostly when I opened up "Settings" and had a white background and swiping up or down in the middle of the screen. :blink:

I've been waiting 9 months for this and well... quite disapointed.

No issues for me thus far!